My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

It’s all gone a bit quiet

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Has anyone noticed that in general there’s been little mention of any firmware updates coming along. There’s no beta being worked on, etc. even though there’s outstanding issues for some.

| Sun 7 Nov 2021 23:58:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I have been thinking the same thing for the last coupyof weeks

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 8:23:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cbren84

I've finally given up with mine! Biggest killer for me is no native Netflix support, and I cant be bothered fixing the Netflix app that I did have working on it to watch in 1080p. It's great as a PVR but that's where it ends for me, and I hardly ever watch any broadcast TV anymore anyway. Such a shame as it could have been great, but it's been a bad buy!

Ordered a 4k Google Chromecast to take over from it. It will still be used now and again for recording TV, but that's it.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 11:30:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

cbren84 - 25 mins ago  » 
    I've finally given up with mine! Biggest killer for me is no native Netflix support, and I cant be bothered fixing the Netflix app that I did have working on it to watch in 1080p. It's great as a PVR but that's where it ends for me, and I hardly ever watch any broadcast TV anymore anyway. Such a shame as it could have been great, but it's been a bad buy!
    Ordered a 4k Google Chromecast to take over from it. It will still be used now and again for recording TV, but that's it.

I think that's exactly the problem. It is no doubt a great PVR (compared to the 4000t/5000t and the competition) so for the majority of users that's all it needs to be. And because of that, the ratio of complaints from "normal" users to "power" users is probably quite low, so resolving those issues probably isn't very high on the agenda.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 11:59:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

i have to agree I have 2 auras, which to begin with was fine with no Netflix, however now time has passed I would have thought netflix would have been included in an update it is now becoming an issue after all this time, it's all very well saying watch it through your TV however that is the point of the Aura surely an all in one solution which it currently is not.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 13:18:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I agree that is has gone very quiet, I have had my Aura for just over 2 months, i upgraded the FW at the time and there has been no fw's since.

With the beta program i was hoping fw's would be coming a little more regularly as they must have a good list of things that need looking at.

I'm hoping they aren't finding it hard to make any fixes and thats why we aren't seeing many updates now.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 17:25:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cbren84

I agree with that, for 90% of people it will be just fine as it is now. It's just annoying as it would have been great to have one box for everything, even more annoying the fact it's got the hardware to be capable to do it all!

SSThing - 7 hours ago  » 

cbren84 - 25 mins ago  » 

I think that's exactly the problem. It is no doubt a great PVR (compared to the 4000t/5000t and the competition) so for the majority of users that's all it needs to be. And because of that, the ratio of complaints from "normal" users to "power" users is probably quite low, so resolving those issues probably isn't very high on the agenda.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 19:39:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cbren84

SSThing - 7 hours ago  » 

cbren84 - 25 mins ago  » 

I agree with that, for 90% of people it will be just fine as it is now. It's just a shame as having just one box to do everything would have been great, even more frustrating is the fact that it has hardware capable of doing it all!

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 19:42:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

So…is that it for any future firmware updates? We’ve reached the end?

Barry has been very quiet in general re any topic of conversation.

| Tue 16 Nov 2021 17:41:33 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

I'll be shifting mine on too if they don't sort Netflix soon. Such a shame.

| Tue 16 Nov 2021 20:46:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.