My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

It’s all gone a bit quiet

(90 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No news I'm afraid....no testing being carried out by the closed group.

and

No response to queries sent to Humax.

| Wed 17 Nov 2021 8:52:05 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

It feels to me as though Humax do not care about it's customers anymore, and I have been a customer since the first recordable freeview box they introduced and have 2 Auras but now considering a change in that case going forwards.

| Wed 17 Nov 2021 9:20:22 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    No news I'm afraid....no testing being carried out by the closed group.
    and
    No response to queries sent to Humax.

Well, if they’re ignoring Barry that is indeed grim! It was only released (too early?) about a year ago.

| Wed 17 Nov 2021 11:36:56 #13 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Just to reassure everyone that as far as I know development is still going on.

I have a Humax supplied Aura test unit which I'm running in parallel with my original Aura in various set-ups. I am feeding back observations to the development team mostly around the random brief pixilation events I see on HD channels and they are acknowledging them. I don't know why Barry is not receiving any feedback as he helped instigate this testing with Humax in the first place.

There must be some more updates coming at some point as there are two different versions of the application in circulation dated Aug 05 2021 and Jul 28 2021. The later version is on the test unit but I don't know what is different to the earlier one which is on my original unit.

The ongoing lack of official support for Netflix and Now TV is annoying for some users, I don't understand their reluctance as it would be more $$$ for them if the service is easily available on as many devices as possible.

| Wed 17 Nov 2021 12:36:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

It's quite a while since I posted a question about the likelihood of further work for the beta testers.
    And I though that it was said when the unit was first released that the reason for lack of Netflix was because Netflix had given exclusive STB use to another manufacturer. I don't know if that's true. Can anyone say which other STBs have native Netflix?

| Mon 22 Nov 2021 19:48:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Both the 4000t and 5000t for starters. So it's not being withheld per manufacturer, it's because Humax haven't coughed up the fee to license it on the Aura.

| Mon 22 Nov 2021 21:11:14 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

As a multi-function, bells and whistles PVR / media player, nothing comes close.

The lack of Netflix is I think the only weakness in the product. Yes, it has a few bugs here and there but for day-to-day media consumption e.g. live TV, Amazon, Plex, etc, the box is brilliant.

The lack of Netflix is puzzling.

It is either license related or technical. If technical, I expect the Aura DRM implementation may have something to do with it.

| Mon 22 Nov 2021 21:44:14 #17 |
  8. Manclad

Manclad

I have to say (personal rant) that I feel fobbed off by Humax in regard to the problem I've reported to them with my Aura box (the problem being jumping back to an older program when live tv paused).
    They sent me another Aura box, which went on to exhibit exactly the same problem. Their response now is that they are investigating! Yet seems they were already aware of the existence of this problem, and the same problem being reported by others in this forum.
    A twist is, at the beginning of this thread...
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/app-update-for-beta-testers
    ...is a list of fixes relating to a (beta) software update. One of those fixes is listed as "Update the current timeshift position in paused state when the timeshift buffer is full" which kinda relates to the problem I've reported. But if it was, it didn't fix it.
    But anyway, I feel humax response, these days, to issues reported is poor considering the Aura is (or was?) Its flagship product.

Ahh, rant finished.

Bit more rant.... Netflix.... stupid omission, whatever the reason.

I've finished now

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 12:30:33 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I agree totally humax customer service is terrible they do not appear to either listen to or respond to customers issues it's the same things again and again

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 13:46:54 #19 |
  10. brian

brian

special member

I can't understand why people are whinging about the lack of Netflix, it's not as if there is anything worth watching on it.

Why don't people watch it on the device they used before getting the aura?

On the rare occasions that I can be bothered trying to find anything worth watching on it, I can watch it on my TV, or a FireTV Stick.

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 18:53:05 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.