My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

It’s all gone a bit quiet

(90 posts)
  1. barrados

barrados

MrMiggins - 1 week ago  » 
    Such a shame. So close.....yet so far. Can't believe Humax has given up on the Aura. I won't trust them again.

I've been using humax products for probably over 15 years, some with custom firmwares.
    But my 2 aura boxes, one of which I bought specifically for beta testing (haha lol). Has broken the camels back.
    That's the last cash humax will get out of me.
    They left us hanging hi and dry.
    The beta testing box is now packed up gathering dust, I couldn't even think of possible selling it either.. pfff.

| Tue 31 May 2022 20:47:13 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Well I sent them another rant the other day questioning why there's been no update for so long and got the following response.

Hi James

There is no updates on new the firmware as of yet, this does take time, also more may need to be added to resolve some other slight issues, go to other reviews on our website etc and other sources, there is great ratings, that model is not that old, some issues are expected, that is why we have a great software team to resolve the problems with the Aura.

Best Regards,

Colin
    Humax Customer Support

I'd say that's a load of s@*t lol

| Tue 31 May 2022 21:27:41 #72 |
  3. Manclad

Manclad

james_uk - 18 hours ago  » 
    Well I sent them another rant the other day questioning why there's been no update for so long and got the following response.

Hi James
    There is no updates on new the firmware as of yet, this does take time, also more may need to be added to resolve some other slight issues, go to other reviews on our website etc and other sources, there is great ratings, that model is not that old, some issues are expected, that is why we have a great software team to resolve the problems with the Aura.
    Best Regards,
    Colin
    Humax Customer Support

Haha. I left a review on the HumaxDirect website the other week, scathing of the product and its subsequent support. Needless to say, the review never appeared !!

| Wed 1 Jun 2022 15:54:47 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Manclad - 2 hours ago  » 

james_uk - 18 hours ago  » 

Hi James
    Best Regards,
    Colin
    Humax Customer Support

Haha. I left a review on the HumaxDirect website the other week, scathing of the product and its subsequent support. Needless to say, the review never appeared !!

Typical Humax claptrap they clearly aren't bothering with any updates or fixes.

| Wed 1 Jun 2022 18:53:21 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DocP

Has anyone got Kodi working on teh Aura and accessing videos on a USB drive? The drive works with Kodi on Windows 10- and I can see and play the files in Kodi on the Aura, but I just can't get the files to appear in the front-end menu?

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:53:53 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DocP

Just sorted it myself. Requires a long push on the remote control OK button for required menu to appear and then you can allocate the type of files in the folder.

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 20:15:08 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

I presume that Humax are working on an updated hardware platform with a faster processor, hardware recoding and encryption support required for Netflix.

You can’t have a digital platform that Netflix will refuse to support. Unfortunately, it’s a dead duck now.

| Sun 20 Nov 2022 21:53:22 #77 |
  8. woodbar

woodbar

Well if they are I hope and pray it is a flop and they lose their shirts as they have basically conned all the faithful purchasers of previous Humax devices who thought they were "upgrading" to the Aura - with promised updates for this and that and then basically abandoned any effort to get it working as described due to poor design and inferior hardware.

Funnily enough I never got around to disposing of my previous HDR Fox T2 and I connected that back up the other night and what a change - a decent Humax that does what it was designed to do (mostly) and even better with the custom firmware!

Humax will never get any of my hard earned cash again as they obviously treat their customers with utter contempt.

| Mon 21 Nov 2022 0:09:15 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrispyDuck

This weekend I disconnected my two Humax Aura boxes having replaced them with Sky Stream boxes and realising I was paying electricity to have them sitting there.

The Aura has so many good features, I like the interface, the remote controls my TV in a nice way, I can access my box remotely in Linux as well as Mac/PC etc.

Overall I feel it has been abandoned by Humax, I kind of get it, as most TV's now have some kind of 'smarts' built in, the marketplace for standalone digital boxes must be shrinking every day.

I replaced Sky Q with my two Aura boxes and was quite happy, but the lack of apps e.g. Netflix, Now TV etc mean it can never be a full replacement, and I don't want to have to switch between different streaming sticks just to access my content.

I appreciate $ky is not for everyone and to be honest I swore after Sky Q I wasn't going to give them anymore money but I now have HD content on all 4 of my TV's

| Mon 21 Nov 2022 17:48:44 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

I hope anything Humax is working on to replace the Aura is a massive flop! They will never get another penny of my money after they broke so many promises. Saddest thing of all.....the Aura is a great bit of kit,and could be everything they promised, but they've obviously abandoned it.....and every sucker that bought one. It doesn't need much..... it's so nearly there. Why abandon it? Humax is dead to me.

| Mon 21 Nov 2022 18:27:58 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.