My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

ITV player

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ALN

I am not able to access the ITV player, I keep getting "The service is not currently available. Please try again later (10001)". The BBC iplayer is fine. Any ideas why ??

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 15:59:58 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Not much consolation I know, but on my first attempt, after reading your post, I also got the same error message after pressing red on Chan 903 - however on subsequent attempts it is working OK for me.

Edit: I should have mentioned this using a Foxsat HDR.

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 16:35:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ALN

Initially I didn't get as far as the red button bit, but like you, it suddenly came back to life and worked fine. It seems to do what it wants. However when its there the picture quality is better than the iplayer, pity about the programme content. Maplins geeks said the problem must be at the ITV end, but ITV have not responded to my query yet. Many thanks.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 6:39:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris8160

I have a nice new Foxsat-HDR - version 17 firmware - and ITV Player can only be accessed by selecting channel 999, wait for the freesat splash screen to load then press Green, Green, Blue, Green, Green. Once ITV Player splash screen loads press Red. It then works as expected.
    Channel 903 goes into a long wait and then gives me "The service is not currently available. Please try again later (10001)"
    Bit disappointing really - have tried powering the box off.
    My broadband supplier is TalkTalk and I get about 16Mbps - more than enough!
    BBC iPlayer works just fine.

| Tue 27 Mar 2012 16:40:22 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Chris8160

Whilst on the Day you reported this itvplayer was working for me, a few Days later it packed up for everyone I believe, and freesat were made aware.

As of approx 1630 yesterday it was working again, I have seen reports that freesat were advising a power cycle to fix, this I believe to be incorrect (no surprise!) as I did not have to*

Same dire quality though!

* I know exactly when the power was last switched off/on on my units, due to TV replacement.

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 8:11:18 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I can confirm that it's working on my Foxsat-hdr this morning. No power cycle just the usual sby overnight. It's still very poot quality but comparing using a PS3 it's similarly bad.

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 10:31:59 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks for confirming that Graham.

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 10:47:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpaul

I have the same problem, viewing is very hit and miss, picture quality very poor

| Tue 10 Apr 2012 20:46:53 #8 |
  9. buster

buster

New on here but I seem to have this problem as well, when I first installed itv player all worked well. then due to a failing netgear wnce2001 universal wifi adapter, it stopped working, I replaced the adapter through amazon replacement service connected the new one, retuned, and since then have not been able to get itv player other than through the blue green buttons which is really not on, the bbc player is fine, is this really a connection problem or what, my humax is only showing 60% input. were it was showing 90% with the failed wnc2001, really am thinking of sending this back to amazon and forgetting bbc / itv player through humax to much of a on going problem for me to worry about. any input would be good.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 11:57:07 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

I have the same problem with the 10001 error although once after a long wait it started up.

I used the 999,green,green,blue,green,green hack and it worked straight away. Odd that this works and the correct way doesn't!

I've only got bbc iplayer and itvplayer listed. Can you get any of the other on demand channels using a similar hack?

| Thu 15 Oct 2015 20:15:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.