My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Looking for input on problem with new Humax HDR-11

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gnatalee

I have Humax HDR 1100S Smart 500 gb Freesat box. It is brand new but a find that on occasions, when I come to switch the box on via the handset, the screen is pink, no sound and to rectify this I have to switch box off at the mains and then switch back on (in effect, a re-boot !) Don't think this is right for a brand new box - am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any advice - may have to send box back

Gnats

| Thu 10 Mar 2016 19:36:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Check the F-connectors and make sure they are 'good'. Also check the HDMI ports and lead, try swapping them over. I initially had the fuchsia coloured screen when I purchased my 1000s - it turned out to be a faulty F-connection.

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 12:40:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

Faust - 6 months ago  » 
    Check the F-connectors and make sure they are 'good'. Also check the HDMI ports and lead, try swapping them over. I initially had the fuchsia coloured screen when I purchased my 1000s - it turned out to be a faulty F-connection.

Sorry but I had purple screen and other problems: see my other posts, however I don't know what F-connectors are, could you please explain, I am not too au fait with tv decoder technology, just a consumer who bought this box 1100S which refuses to work.

Mo

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 19:08:58 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

F connectors are the (usually) screw on connections that connect the two coax cables to the lnb on the dish. With the box off check if you gently pull the coax cables they are securely fitted to the coax cables.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm#fit

Check the hdmi cable is firmly pushed in at the box end and TV end ( odd colours are more likely to be a hdmi cable not firmly seated in the sockets. A single colour is the result of the box and TV failing to handshake (HDCP copy protection) also could be loose hdmi plugs.

Did you install the box or have someone else set it up ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/121617299447?lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1007011&poi=&campaignid=659272460&device=c&adgroupid=37167790761&rlsatarget=pla-258198444663&adtype=pla&crdt=0

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 19:50:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 
    F connectors are the (usually) screw on connections that connect the two coax cables to the lnb on the dish. With the box off check if you gently pull the coax cables they are securely fitted to the coax cables.
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm#fit
    Check the hdmi cable is firmly pushed in at the box end and TV end ( odd colours are more likely to be a hdmi cable not firmly seated in the sockets. A single colour is the result of the box and TV failing to handshake (HDCP copy protection) also could be loose hdmi plugs.
    Did you install the box or have someone else set it up ?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/121617299447?lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1007011&poi=&campaignid=659272460&device=c&adgroupid=37167790761&rlsatarget=pla-258198444663&adtype=pla&crdt=0

I installed the box. Previously I used an old skybox to provide Free to Air channels which works well, with no problems whatsover, but with no facility to record. I have tried everything to get my new Humax 1100S to work ... have posted all the problems. I have just re-attached the old skybox just so I can watch tv!

Have posted elsewhere on this Forum my whole saga of trying to get my new Humax box to work, to no avail. Thinking there is a fault with the box.

Will call Humax tomorrow morning but can't imagine any other option to try as I have gone through, Factory Reset and 2 updates and my box still shuts off after about 45 to 55 minutes.

Mo

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 19:59:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

p.s. my older Skybox used for Free to Air channels is connected via scart. Only the Humax was connected with the hdmi cable provided.

Mo

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 20:01:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

p.p.s. I installed the Humax box with the hdmi cable which was included with the box.

Mo

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 20:03:21 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.