My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Loop through update?

(70 posts)
  1. Archaepon

Archaepon

Hello there. I am new to this forum. I have a 2000T/1TB/DW PVR. I have been told by Humax via their Helpline that an update via the aerial will be issued to resolve the loop through issue. It hasn't happened! I have read elsewhere that the update should have happened in April, then May. Is it now June or never? Has anyone any ideas on this? I am concerned that I have to run the PVR continuously to get a signal to the TV. Of course I could just use a splitter but why have a loop through if it doesn't work?
    Has anyone any news on this firmware upgrade? I have tweeted Humax this morning but they seem not to tweet very much.
    Thanks for any ideas.

| Fri 30 May 2014 11:58:23 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Not sure where you read those dates.

The loop thru problem has been resolved, and should be included in next update - no forecast as to when though.

| Fri 30 May 2014 12:07:47 #2 |
  3. Archaepon

Archaepon

Thanks for the quick reply! So it is a wait and see situation? No problem. Nice to hear that is has been resolved. I think I read the update dates on other, less reputable, forums!

| Fri 30 May 2014 12:11:01 #3 |
  4. af123

af123

The official Humax twitter feed said (hopefully) May:

https://twitter.com/humaxuk/status/456729354710446080

I wouldn't hold my breath!

| Fri 30 May 2014 12:53:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Absolutely typical very poor customer service from Humax. If they've fixed it, why not put an update out on their web site for download by USB for those people that really need antenna loop through?

Humax used to be the obvious manufacturer to buy a Freeview PVR from, but they've thrown that position away in my opinion.

| Mon 2 Jun 2014 15:19:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Well here we are, another month gone by and no aerial loop through update from Humax. It seems they can't even support current models.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 11:36:58 #6 |
  7. Archaepon

Archaepon

I wasn't too hopeful of this up-date either. Had a reply on Twitter apologising for the delay. I sort of regret buying the 2000T now as it has become an issue because Mrs A gets flustered having to turn on the recorder, wait for it to boot, up, change source, then watch the telly. We were used to just turning on the telly and watching. I have removed the loop through now and have split the aerial. Very disappointing considering the recorder is pretty good in all other aspects. I rejected the Panasonic on the recommendation of the John Lewis salesman. Hmmm, he said the screens were easier to use, I chose it because Mrs A is a mild technophobe and needs ease of use. Oh well, choose in haste, repent at leisure.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 12:13:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

You used to be able to see current and upcoming OTA updates here but in recent months very few, if any, have appeared (other than Freesat ones).

Is that because there are very few Freeview OTA downloads nowadays (odd given the growing amount of hardware out there), or manufacturers don't now bother with OTA and use the web to distribute updates instead (or is the dtg website no longer working?)?

| Sat 19 Jul 2014 21:28:41 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

An OTA download costs money, so no manufacturer is going to do it unless they have to. I suspect that sales of Freeview boxes have dropped off a lot, everyone has a box or integrated Freeview TV now that switchover is complete. So there isn't as much money to be made so manufacturers may be scaling back their operations. Less being produced means less updates.

| Sat 19 Jul 2014 21:43:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

But surely the ever growing number of integrated Freeview TVs also require OTA updates...?

| Sat 19 Jul 2014 22:00:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.