My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Losing patience with replacement foxsat-hdr

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

abirtwis

Losing patience with 2nd foxsat HDR, Guide is slow to respond, and also it says on the screen 'no signal being received' resulting in missed /failed recording!!! Turn it off/on at plug and the signal is good again. misses going mental as two 'strictlys' missed! Sometimes it even fails to record even though the red timer is shown on the guide once selected. Advice please as this is my second unit as the other used to freeze up whilst searching the guide. Tempted to return to 'sky' god forbid but their boxes are quick and reliable...

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 0:05:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. If you press the schedule button followed by the red button you will get an instant epg from the hard disc cache.

Can you tune to 407 FASHION ONE and then use diagnostics to check signal strength and quality and post the results.

Can you also post what version of firmware your box has installed ?

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 11:26:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

abirtwis

Hi
    On channel 407 Strength is 85% and quality is 60%.
    Software version HPRSFC1 1.00.21
    and loader version is U7.53
    I think thats what you are after?
    Cheers

| Tue 4 Dec 2012 21:05:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

abirtwis - 43 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    On channel 407 Strength is 85% and quality is 60%.
    Software version HPRSFC1 1.00.21
    and loader version is U7.53
    I think thats what you are after?
    Cheers

Yep that's the info. If you are in the UK that quality doesn't give much of a margin for bad weather (Channel 407 is on the Freesat home transponder). This could explain your problems, mine in the West Midlands is 100/100. Your dish alignment may need tweaking a little.

Can you download this file and open it in a browswer and check reception when tuned to one channel in each transponder block (cols 1- 4). Post any with low quality readings. Looking for a pattern indicating what may be the issue.

https://www.adrive.com/public/t3jBkt/FoxsatStaticMK2_011.htm

| Tue 4 Dec 2012 21:55:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

abirtwis

Now you are losing me!!!Gonna ring Humax for replacement.... The fact that i lose signal when flicking channels and turn off at socket and back on again and all is fine untill next time tells me that its a faulty box????Enough is enough she says... Homeland and strictly come dancing missed again.... Un forgiveable!!!

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 22:58:14 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Putting as simply as possible it looks like your dish alignment, its lnb or the coax cables are suspect. You won't get any further with a Freesat box whatever one you get.

Bit like saying my TV won't work without an aerial connected.

A sky box may work but you won't get all the channels it should.

The fact that you have had two ought to tell you the problem is elsewhere.

Did you even look at the link I posted ?

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 23:13:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

abirtwis

All Sorted!! Turned out that one of the sat dish inputs was into the outlet instaed of inlet 2!!! Decorator/dog/ cat or kids- Not Sure??? Thanks for your help but one quick question.... What is the outlet for????
    Cheers again

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 12:24:33 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

abirtwis - 10 minutes ago  » 
    All Sorted!! Turned out that one of the sat dish inputs was into the outlet instaed of inlet 2!!! Decorator/dog/ cat or kids- Not Sure??? Thanks for your help but one quick question.... What is the outlet for????
    Cheers again

You can use both tuners on a single lnb by connecting tuner 1 out to tuner 1 in. Enables two tuner recording with some limitations.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

If you did a reset while connected like it was you need to repeat it as the box will have selected single cable mode.

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 12:37:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

abirtwis

Cheers again. No reset was undertaken so all should be fine. A quick check and i recorded two programmes together (But unsure if i can WATCH a third??)
    Ta

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 13:44:23 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

abirtwis - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Cheers again. No reset was undertaken so all should be fine. A quick check and i recorded two programmes together (But unsure if i can WATCH a third??)
    Ta

Start a instant recording on BBC1-HD. start a second on BBC-HD. You should now be able to still view any other channel and live pause it as well.

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 14:00:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.