My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Share Issue - Plex Media Server on MacBook

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gileseee

Hi, Can anyone help me please.
    I have a HDR-1010S connected to my home network via Wi-Fi. I want to play music from iTunes and view photos from iPhoto from my MacBook (which is also connected to the home network) via the HDR / TV / Home Cinema sound system. I realise that the MacBook doesn't support DLNA server, so I have installed Plex Media Server which provides DLNA on the MacBook.
    When I select Media Share on the HDR I can see Plex Media Server on the MacBook. It displays 3 media folders - Video; Music; Photos. If I select Music, then Music Channels, then iTunes I can see my music library as in ITunes on the MacBook. I can continue to browse to Album level but the HDR won't display individual tracks - instead it shows "No Items". I can see the library and play tracks on Plex Media Server on the MacBook.
    Similarly for photos, if I select Photos on the HDR, then Photo Channels, then iPhoto I can view my photo albums, but when I attempt to open an album - "No Items" is displayed.
    Does anyone have any suggestions / advice?
    Thanks.

| Wed 29 Jan 2014 14:19:16 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think the problem is the file type.
    DLNA clients are required to support LPCM (2 channel) with MP3, WMA9, AC-3, AAC, ATRAC3plus being optional.

The Server should convert and stream the content in a format supported by the client.

It is difficult to know where the problem is here;
    - with the client not letting you select the file or
    - with the server not presenting the file as a type that is supported.

| Wed 29 Jan 2014 15:35:03 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.