My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

my FVP 5000

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mentaliss

DOESNT PLAY BACK RECORDED CONTENT VIA hdmi PC monitor?????

| Mon 8 Apr 2019 18:09:43 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mentaliss - 19 minutes ago  » 
    DOESNT PLAY BACK RECORDED CONTENT VIA hdmi PC monitor?????

Welcome to our forum.

Many monitors have a minimum refresh rate of 60Hz. UK broadcasts (satellite and Freeview) are 50Hz. Laptops and PC's will output 60Hz.

You need a UK specced TV.

| Mon 8 Apr 2019 18:32:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Is the monitor in question HDCP compliant?

| Tue 9 Apr 2019 7:37:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mentaliss

sorry not sure, bought it new, July last year . Dell twin HDMI, display port, etc etc model is U2414H...100-240V, 50-60Hz.. rightly or wrongly I have always been under the impression that HDMI DIGITAL would interact with any device... We purchased the Humax from Currys who assured us that the device would play back via any HDMI connection.....SALES MEN!

| Tue 9 Apr 2019 7:51:40 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Check the monitor refresh settings

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-u2414h/

The above link shows default is 60Hz but there may be a 50 Hz option in the pulldown.

The settings you need are 1920 x 1080 50fps.

| Tue 9 Apr 2019 9:36:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mentaliss

thanks I really appreciate your help, the Dell only as one resolution 60hz shown at the bottom of the Menu...
    I give way to your superior knowledge.... but why does the Dell see the Humax in the Device manager and says its not connected...surely even if the resolution was not correct would'nt the Dell still produce a picture....why does the Humax work on our Samsung 4k smart tv which I believe displays 60hz

Many Thanks

| Tue 9 Apr 2019 18:34:38 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mentaliss - 1 hour ago  » 
    thanks I really appreciate your help, the Dell only as one resolution 60hz shown at the bottom of the Menu...
    I give way to your superior knowledge.... but why does the Dell see the Humax in the Device manager and says its not connected...surely even if the resolution was not correct would'nt the Dell still produce a picture....why does the Humax work on our Samsung 4k smart tv which I believe displays 60hz
    Many Thanks

60 Hz is not a resolution it's the frequency the frame scan is refreshed (60 times a second). The monitor does not support a refresh rate of 50 times/second.

Your UK TV supports 24Hz 50 Hz and 60Hz, the monitor only 60Hz. The device appears in device manager because it is connected to your home network. To produce a picture the monitor requires a source that outputs a resolution it can handle and a refresh rate at a frequency it is able to synchronise with.

Additionally any display connected to the Humax must support HDCP (High Definition Digital Copy Protection. When the Humax attempts to connect to the monitor a exchange of data between the two takes place.

Amongst this the monitor should tell the source that it is not a recorder and it can handle x,y and z. Once it tells the Humax that it can only do 60Hz it's game over. Your TV tells the Humax that it can do do 1920 x 1080 at 50Hz so it works.

If you connect a blu-ray player to your TV it will work (most blu-ray content is 24Hz) as your TV supports 24Hz it will work. As the monitor only support 60Hz a blu-ray player will not work either.

| Tue 9 Apr 2019 20:49:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mentaliss

many thanks for your enlightenment, looks like a Samsung 32" 4k TV is coming home..Should be able to connect to the NUC PC ..............

| Wed 10 Apr 2019 10:13:55 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.