My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

My loopthrough works in STANDBY

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marmaduke

In reply to previous questions, I can say that the loopthrough on my HDR-2000T recently purchased from Richer Sounds DOES work when in STANDBY. It does NOT work if the box is unplugged from the mains.

System details are as follows:

Software Version UKTFAC.1.00.07
    Loader Version UKTFAC.1.02
    System ID 80BC.7E10
    Update Date 12 SEP 2013
    MICOM Version 12.4
    Mac Address 08:EB:74:7D:21:2A

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 16:31:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you a menu option to change sby mode ? It won't work with the power off (the loop amplifier requires power).

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 16:38:06 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Are you sure?

Was your box perhaps in standby with a recording in progess or a timer due in t-15 minutes or less.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 16:41:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marmaduke

Have you a menu option to change sby mode ? It won't work with the power off (the loop amplifier requires power).

I am not aware of any option to change the Standby mode.

But I don't see any fundamental reason why the loopthrough would require any power or any amplification. All it should require is a ferrite coupling, with a power loss of just 3db.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 16:44:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

In reply to previous questions, I can say that the loopthrough on my HDR-2000T recently purchased from Richer Sounds DOES work when in STANDBY.

Mine, with exactly the same version, does not.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 16:51:10 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Marmaduke - 18 minutes ago  » 

I am not aware of any option to change the Standby mode.
    But I don't see any fundamental reason why the loopthrough would require any power or any amplification. All it should require is a ferrite coupling, with a power loss of just 3db.

All such devices have a small amount of amplification, usually with a bit more gain than the insertion loss. There's no way that a maker can possibly know how many items will be in the rf chain. Could easily be 5 or 6. A couple of Freeview Pvrs and a Sky box could easily be chained.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 17:06:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Marmaduke - 52 minutes ago  » 

I am not aware of any option to change the Standby mode.....

Please would you check via
    MENU >> Settings >> System >> Power Management
    On the menu for power management software 1.00.06 only had 1 option on that menu. Is there now a power saving option as well?

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 17:40:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

JamesB - 49 minutes ago  » 

In reply to previous questions, I can say that the loopthrough on my HDR-2000T recently purchased from Richer Sounds DOES work when in STANDBY.

Mine, with exactly the same version, does not.

On the similar HDR-FOX T2 the default is for this to be off. If loop through has been added to 1.00.07 then it's probably accessed via

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 17:42:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

On the similar HDR-FOX T2 the default is for this to be off. If loop through has been added to 1.00.07 then it's probably accessed via
    That's probably where it should be but unfortunately on this box, with this software version, there's no option for a level of standby that would allow the signal to be passed through.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 17:50:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marmaduke

Was your box perhaps in standby with a recording in progess or a timer due in t-15 minutes or less.

I can now confirm that, in fact, there was a recording in progress at the time that I made my observation. Although the colour of the front panel lamp was certainly RED.

So my conclusion was faulty. Sorry about that.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 17:58:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.