My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

New features for YouView

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gwatuk

Several members of the YouView forum have produced an online survey so that YouView users can vote for which features they would most like to see implemented for the future.
    We know that YouView are following the progress of this survey so this is a real chance for users to express their wishes about future developments. So far about 80 people have contributed and the results have been quite surprising.
    It will only take a couple of minutes of your time so please add your views at http://www.youviewupdate.co.uk/survey.html

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 17:56:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

chaser

Hi All
    I have just bought a DVR 1000 at a discount on Ebay and am beginning to realise why it was discounted. I received it today and it installed without a hitch.
    So this is my "first impressions"
    We have had a Humax PVR 9150 for a few years now and have been delighted with its ease of use and functionality. So we naturally opted for a second Humax thinking things would have moved forward over the years.The DVR 1000 T doe's exactly what it says on the tin.
    The problem is what it doe's NOT say on the tin. There is no WiFi which is well noted on this and other forums, they have also dropped the Favourites function which is a real bind, with that, also missing is the ability to move channels up and down the channel list.
    The old Humax ran four or five Favourite lists and allowed the channels to be sorted in any order so we were able to get BBC1,BBC2,BBC3 etc etc. Which made it easy to navigate especially for older members of the family.
    We valued these functions and consider the product which costs over twice the price of the older unit to be a retrograde step, if I had researched it more thoroughly I would not have bought it because of these shortcomings and it is a great disappointment.
    Having said all that that the modem link is great.
    In my view the product is a backward step from the earlier units, I may be tempted to sell it probably at a loss. I would then wait until somebody gets it right or the next Humax provides these much needed services, I think the company have done their selves a disservice.
    Any experts out there know if any chance of an upgrade to bring this flawed product up to scratch?
    Sorry for the gripe but it really is a pity and you did ask for opinions.

| Fri 14 Jun 2013 17:28:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gwatuk

There have been many requests for making the channel list/EPG more flexible and adding favourite lists etc.
    See: http://community....channel_list_management
    So it's very likely that YouView will improve this in due course.

| Fri 14 Jun 2013 17:39:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Chaser - welcome to the forum. You may be interested in the faq questions about the Youview box formulated from the launch box and contains details of the major changes since.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/salient-points-from-faqs

| Fri 14 Jun 2013 17:49:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chaser - 5 hours ago  » 
    I would then wait until somebody gets it right or the next Humax provides these much needed services, I think the company have done their selves a disservice.

What you should have purchased is the previous Humax box, the HDR-FOX T2 which does everything you want and lots more. It is a significantly better PVR than the 9200/9150/9300 and has a lot more functionality than the DTR-T1000. No need to wait for a future box.

| Fri 14 Jun 2013 23:25:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

chaser

Hi All
    Thanks for the replies to my rant.(which I now realise has been oft repeated)
    Martin you are bang on about buying a HDR Fox T2. I got the same advise on the AV forum. If I had joined and read the comments on this and other forums I would not have made the error, it would have saved me a lot of money as well.
    Thanks for the link Graham it's a good read with a lot of common sense, I just read it a week too late.
    In view of the many, many comments about the lack of facilities on this product is there any chance that this will be heard and acted upon by Humax? Or are they too big to bother?
    Anybody have any opinions, guesses or inside knowledge?
    A nice simple on line upgrade would be BRILL.
    Thanks again

| Sat 15 Jun 2013 9:41:32 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It is not Humax that need to listen and act it is YouView. They were fully aware of the shortcomings before this product was released for the large test phase.

Padding they have already stated is not even under consideration!

| Sat 15 Jun 2013 11:05:44 #7 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

That said there are some shortcomings (actual and perceived) for which Youview have to rely on Humax to do something about.

| Sat 15 Jun 2013 18:13:22 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gomezz - 2 hours ago  » 
    That said there are some shortcomings (actual and perceived) for which Youview have to rely on Humax to do something about.

Example ? Evidence ?

Humax clearly have the capability (witness the HDR FOX T2). If Youview don't want to the extras and want to go it alone, how can the box maker do anything about it ?

| Sat 15 Jun 2013 21:04:51 #9 |
  10. gomezz

gomezz

special member

As evidence just look over on the Youview forums where Youview representatives have stated this on various occasions.

| Sat 15 Jun 2013 21:50:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.