My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New FVP 4000T software version 1.02.13

(53 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

New software version now available version 1.02.13

A phased roll out commenced a few minutes ago via IP, and is available to download from Humax website for usb update.

Link

Release note: see edit below.

Improved search function - FAQ
    Smart auto retune - FAQ

New FAQ's will be published shortly. links as above

Edit: 21/04/2017

Release Note:

• Improved Search

• Added Smart Retune

• Recording Page Updated – ‘Recent’ option, and Sort by A-Z added

• Installation Wizard Updated – ‘Skip this step’ moved to top of the WiFi SSID list at Internet connection set up stage. Look for IP OAD only at the end of Installation wizard (RF check removed to reduce check time)

• Terms & Condition Scenario Updated – Once agreed, the configuration is stored locally. Previously it was stored in humax server, so whenever accessing On Demand it required to connect Humax server to check agreement. If humax server is down, all On Demand services were inaccessible. Now, even if humax server is down, it is possible to access Freeview Play service based on locally stored agreement. All Humax services (Bottom row) remains dependent.

• Improved recording schedule disappearing issue.
    (members who reported this issue and have tested this release have so far not witnessed a re-occurrence)

• Improved stability issues (when using external storage)

| Thu 20 Apr 2017 16:12:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Smart auto retune - FAQ

Glad to see that Humax have finally taken a significant step towards retaining the schedule when retuning. Still room for them to make the schedule restoration more comprehensive although I do accept that 100% will not be possible in some cases.

| Thu 20 Apr 2017 16:43:09 #2 |
  3. andyb63uk

Andy B

Hi Barry

I've noticed the HDD stats have been moved to the top right corner of the recordings screen, but when I enter a series folder, I still have to move left then move up to the top to play the first in the list. Did anyone look into this when it was brought up several months ago?

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 0:01:30 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Stats moved because there is a new option on left hand side 'Recent'

I personally have not highlighted how the timers are listed.....however Humax Towers read this Forum regularly so I am sure they are aware of comments.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 7:08:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Have just done a "Check New Software" (ethernet/internet connectivity definitely all working fine) and get the "no new software detected" message. Do I have a problem, or does "phased rollout" mean that Humax is only downloading the update to particular groups of ip addresses at a time so as to spread out the load on their servers? If so, how often do you reckon I should check back for the update? Many thanks.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 14:36:57 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Phased rollout means to a * number of users (I know the figure but it is commercially sensitive so will not post exact number, suffice to say thousands) There will be a pause now whilst feedback is appraised.

Hopefully usb download will be available early next week.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 15:24:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Aha, thanks. So do I need to try the "Check New Software" button from time-to-time next week, or will the update happen on its own like an automatic OTA update?

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 16:12:58 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

car3107 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Aha, thanks. So do I need to try the "Check New Software" button from time-to-time next week, or will the update happen on its own like an automatic OTA update?

It will happen automatically either over night or when you standby cycle the unit.

I'll try and give notice as to when it is next available for IP download.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 16:30:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Brilliant, Barry, many thanks.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 16:35:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

The "Recent" tab under recordings doesn't, for me at least, seem to be working.
    Only one of today's recordings was shown, none at all from last night. However 4 "Family Guy" episones are shown. 3 from this month and one from 5 Dec, which can hardly be called recent - execpt in geological terms.

This is on my 1TB box. My 500GB box has yet to be updated.

So far the recording schedule is intact - kiss of death statement if ever I made one.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 17:24:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.