My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound

(126 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Well in this case its not a connection or cable fault, just people who have the 1800T/2000T and no other Humax product, that have this problem.

| Sun 2 Oct 2016 11:43:22 #111 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

bill63 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well in this case its not a connection or cable fault, just people who have the 1800T/2000T and no other Humax product, that have this problem.

Well there is at least one other poster, Faust #105, who does not support you in that. Although I concede that it could be the specific implementation in the Humax box that is sensitive to some environments (as per my post siting Arcam). Without some detailed investigation (unlikely from Humax) then it's difficult to judge objectively.

| Sun 2 Oct 2016 13:42:46 #112 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I would urge people who are having this issue to read the link kindly supplied by Martin regarding HDMI implementation and possible issues.

| Sun 2 Oct 2016 14:36:36 #113 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Yes Pollensa1946, totally agree about the cables, its very important that cables must be fitted tightly and of fairly good quality too if want them to last.
    But what I am saying is there is no reported sound issues on any other Humax product on any forum that I have read on the internet, unless the unit is faulty.
    But there are loads complaining about the sound problems with the 2000T.
    I think we all deal with this issue the way we can, years ago I worked in the electrical field so I do know something about cables.

What I have done with mine is connect both HDMI and scart to the TV, so if I am recording and I turn to watch something of the box and there is no sound through the HDMI, I just watch through the scart but it don't happen often thank goodness.
    And when its finished recording put in standby for about a minute which gives it time for the hard drive to stop spinning then turn back on, or if you cant wait switch off at the mains for a couple seconds then turn on again and you have got your sound back on the HDMI again.

It was the first thing I tried was the cables when I first encountered this problem with my new 2000T as well as trying it on different TV's, and after reading on different forums I knew that other people had the same problem as I did.
    None of my other HDMI products have this problem, and I have also got the 4000T freeview play box and there is no sound issues with that ether.

| Mon 3 Oct 2016 11:41:46 #114 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Bill, are you using pass through on the 2000T or a passive splitter? Once I separated the signal to TV from passing through the 2000T and connected HDMI from 2000T direct to HDMI port on the TV I've never experienced this issue since. Also making sure of course that CEC is disabled.

| Mon 3 Oct 2016 11:48:21 #115 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Faust, I am using a aerial splitter because I find on both Humax's when they start to record, even in standby they pinch the signal to the TV for a couple of seconds.
    And yes the cec is disabled.

| Mon 3 Oct 2016 11:53:55 #116 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

bill63 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi Faust, I am using a aerial splitter because I find on both Humax's when they start to record, even in standby they pinch the signal to the TV for a couple of seconds.
    And yes the cec is disabled.

Which make of TVs are you using and what age are they if you don't mind me asking? P.S. have you read the link provided by Martin?

| Mon 3 Oct 2016 16:40:19 #117 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Faust. Sony Bravia about 4 years old that it is on now, 2000T about 6 months old. I also have 3 year old Samsung in the bed room and it does the same on that, but my DVD player, Now TV box and my Humax 4000T works OK with no problems at all on the HDMI.

Yes I did have a look and it makes a lot of sense, but as I said I used work with electrics a few years ago now, and I also used to help a friend repair TV's and the old VCR's which is very interesting stuff.

My best mate is a retired computer programmer who got made redundant after working for BT for over 40 years. He as also bought one and got rid of his old Sky box, and he is getting the same problem with his 2000T on his new top of the range 50inch LG TV, but his DVD Blu-ray player and Amazon fire still works OK and so does his old Sky box.
    He has now got his TV and 2000T wired to a surround sound system to conker the problem which sounds great, mind you he has got a large front room.
    I suppose not showing my age I have been messing around with electronics and electrics for around 45 years now myself, but computers still get me a bit, that's where my fiend comes in.

So this why we think its ether a voltage spike problem on the audio HDMI out or a software problem, but we have not got the right equipment to test it properly, plus it they are still under warranty.

| Mon 3 Oct 2016 21:46:36 #118 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Hl Bill,

I now use a Sonos sound system myself for TV audio which is possibly why I'm no longer getting any issues with the 2000T and it could be something changed since I got the Sonos. The Sonos soundbar uses an optical connection so again this is totally different, and very reliable - if not cheap.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 8:57:27 #119 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi faust,

Yes I was thinking about getting a sound bar, but my wife was against it as we are now on a tight budget.
    If we turn the 2000T on and there is no sound and its recording we just watch it through the scart, OK its not such a good picture but I have seen a lot worse plus you get used to it after while.

Yes Sonos is a good make, where I last worked before early retirement, which was a company that sent out entertainment equipment ( TV'S, audio players called a plexus and microphones) to pubs and shops. The microphones where always Sonos, they were not cheap but they were Quality made and people always said they were a good make.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 11:17:49 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.