My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

non-freesat recording not seen in web interface

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

I'm using Windows 8.1. I have a feeling I've seen more folders in the past, but I've just tried the virtual Windows 98 on this machine and it just sees the same folders. I will try on my Windows XP machine and let you know if it's better.

| Sat 22 May 2021 12:33:03 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

Apologies again. After looking at the folders on my XP machine, I discovered that the opt folder is in the media folder, so I've come back to my windows 8.1 machine.

I copied the opk file to the opt folder, and connected to the folder with telnet, after discovering that your commands were for telnet. It would be nice to know what commands are recognised by the Humax.

I entered your command to install the package and got some errors but the final line looked hopeful. I then went to 'Settings' after I found that you meant in webif not onscreen in the Humax menu. Then rebooted and hooray, the hidden files are no longer hidden, and I can play the video. So thanks.

I still can't install packages via the webif facility, and to test if this applied to all packages not just the fixfilenames one, I removed chrond as I thought I could do without it (or maybe not if it gets in just before the Humax does its 3am housekeeping?). I can not reinstall chrond. So I will have to download it independently and go through a similar installation process to what I've just done.

Perhaps I could reinstall webif in case it would allow installations?

| Sat 22 May 2021 14:19:23 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

I have now reinstalled crond (not chrond).

My installed webif is version 2.88, but the one on the online package list is 2.89. What has changed?

| Sat 22 May 2021 14:48:15 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You are aware Windows ceased mainstream support in 2018 ? Rather think you need some newer hardware

Windows XP support stopped in 2014.

Not surprised you have issues.

| Sat 22 May 2021 20:38:10 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

I have no issues whatsoever with Windows XP. I only tried it to see if my issue was because I was using Windows 8.1. As it turned out, I did not have an issue apart from not exploring all folders to find 'opt'. I don't think you told me where it was. You haven't answered my question about webif versions.

| Sun 23 May 2021 7:57:42 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

davewi11 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have no issues whatsoever with Windows XP. I only tried it to see if my issue was because I was using Windows 8.1. As it turned out, I did not have an issue apart from not exploring all folders to find 'opt'. I don't think you told me where it was. You haven't answered my question about webif versions.

I have no idea why you cannot access the webif packages. Guessing it's down to firewall issues on your setup.

| Sun 23 May 2021 10:13:45 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

You still haven't answered my question about 2.88 v 2.89 webif. Your "no idea" is irrelevant.

| Sun 23 May 2021 13:12:38 #37 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

davewi11 - 14 mins ago  » 
    You still haven't answered my question about 2.88 v 2.89 webif. Your "no idea" is irrelevant.

A simple search brought up the following

https://www.avforums.com/threads/web-interface-v2-88-for-foxsat-hdr.1990902/
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/web-interface-v2-89-for-foxsat-hdr.2124910/

May I suggest that you have a look for yourself.

| Sun 23 May 2021 13:30:03 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

Thanks very much for the references. It looks like my problem rests elsewhere.

| Sun 23 May 2021 16:34:49 #39 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.