My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

not recording when on standby

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ellie

I have just bought a new Humax. I have set programmes to record from the TV guide, however it only seems to record if I press the record button or if it's already on. It won't record on standby (red).

| Thu 28 Aug 2014 20:43:29 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Which channel were you trying to record?

Try a BBC channel for a programme starting in say 15+ minutes time.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 5:49:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ellie - 11 hours ago  » 
    I have just bought a new Humax.

Presumably this is a 1800T or a 2000T as you have posted it in their section and you mention the red stand-by light. Which one is it?

Ellie - 11 hours ago  » 
    It won't record on standby (red).

Are you using a booster or amplifier that is being powered by the Humax or switching off any other power to one of those when you put the Humax in to standby?

When it dosn't record in standby does the Media section contain an error item for the recordng instead of the recording itself? Or is here no sign of the recording attempt at all?

What happens if you bring the Humax out of standby half way through the programme it should be recording?

What happens if you add a timer to the schedule manually and then have the Humax in standby when the recording is due to start and continue to leave it in standby during the recording?

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 7:48:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ellie

The Humax is the 1800T.
    All the power sources remain on.
    I do use a booster that I used on my previous Humax.
    The programmes were in the schedule and marked on the TV guide, but do not appear at all in the media section once they should have recorded
    I will try the last two points on your list today. It seems record if it's on or has recently been on. But not if its been off for a few hours (standby-red).

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 11:27:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ellie - 29 minutes ago  » 
    It seems record if it's on or has recently been on. But not if its been off for a few hours (standby-red).

Would your reference to 'recently' be within 15 minutes of the start of the programme by any chance?

Ellie - 27 minutes ago  » 
    I do use a booster that I used on my previous Humax.

How is that powered? Is it powered by the Humax?
    If it is then you could turning off power saving in standby via the Humax menus. I have a 2000T, not a 1800T, but I'd expect that option to be in
    MENU >> System >> Power Management

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 11:56:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ellie

No the booster isn't Humax.
    Possibly within 15minutes. Once it's started with one it will seem to record others later that night. But if it hasn't been on at all it won't record at all.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 12:58:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ellie - 27 minutes ago  » 
    No the booster isn't Humax.

But is it powered by the Humax or has it got its own power supply?

In either situation I would try turning off the Humax's power saving in standby option.

When the power saving is switched on the power saving does not usually kick in when you put the Humax in standby if the recording is due within 15 minutes.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 13:29:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ellie

It has its own power supply.
    I've changed the power save options and will see.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 13:41:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

@Barry:
    Barry, does your 1800T record OK when it's put into standby before the expected active standby would kick in?

There is a review on Richer Sounds that talks about not recording and trying to adjust the standby settings. It is dated 21 Aug 2014.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/hdr1800t-320gb/huma-hdr-1800t-320

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 15:51:30 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I did not receive my 1800T until after it went on general sale unfortunately, and yes it exhibited the same problem - spotted it straight away.

Not going to go into anymore detail, suffice to say it is OK now

Assisted Ellie via pm throughout this afternoon and hopefully it is resolved for her as well now.

| Fri 29 Aug 2014 16:16:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.