My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

PC Connection only worked after FVP-4000T reset

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveYearsley

Hi

Re: FVP-4000T

I followed instructions on screen to set up PC connection.
    Regarding network to PC and using FTP for someone reason the folder FVP-4000T Media was visible but none of the sub folders including Download.

I used Factory Reset (the password appears to be 0000) and set everything up again.

Using FTP (using IP Address) then Media sub folders Download, Music, Photo and Video were visible. The Download folder can be used via PC.

It works for Windows File Explorer as well.

Unfortunately, I seem to have a lot of jpg and videos that will not play via FVP-4000T - I suppose this will not get better!

Regards
    Dave

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 12:47:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveYearsley

Hi

re: FVP-4000T Samba - further to my last post.

Next day and today not working!

Windows 10 'This PC\FVP-4000T Media Server 192.168.1.105' shows folders that I expect to see in parent folder 'My Contents'. FTP did show the Download folder and now it does not.

After Factory Reset I could copy files from PC to Download on FVP into a folder I created called Pictures. Now I cannot create sub folders in Download or copy files anywhere on FVP.

All seems a bit inconsistent!
    Dave

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 12:05:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveYearsley

Hi

Further to Samba and FVP-4000T Media Render in Windows 10

I have read Barry the Administrator FAQ on File Transfer.

Cast to on Windows 10 does not work either (never has nor on my Windows 8 PC) - I have tried various formats of pictures and videos - just get message 'Unexpected device error'

At the moment I am inclined to think there must be a problem with Humax?

Any ideas on getting Samba to work properly!

Many thanks
    Dave

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 12:23:34 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There are a number of things that need to be enabled in Windows 8 and above.
    The easy way to do this is to:

Open Windows Media Player and hit the “Stream” button near the top of the page.
    Allow remote control
    Allow devices to play
    choose more options.
    Allow access to everything on local network.
    Close W.M.P.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 14:22:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveYearsley

Hi REPASSAC

Many thanks for letting me know of the Stream settings in Windows Media Player - cast to FVP-4000T Media Renderer now works. Very good.

I am still playing with the FVP-4000T. Seemed to me that the wireless aspects could only be set up if not wired to router. Currently wired back to BT Home router and can now show windows phone videos, etc using Lumia Play To.

Provided all the setting stick then I am amazed by the FVP-4000T.

Regards
    Dave

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 16:24:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveYearsley

Hi

Still having problems with cast to FVP-4000T Media Renderer - sometimes works and sometimes not!

Not found a definitive technique to put right when things go wrong.

Rebooting Windows PC helps as does FVP-4000T :Settings : Network Settings: Network Server: Server Status : Restart.

Hoping that is a bit better than doing a Factory Reset which is quite time consuming but does leave recordings and folder creations intact.

Getting there, maybe

Dave

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 23:16:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveYearsley

Still having problems with cast to FVP-4000T Media Renderer - sometimes works and sometimes not! Server Status : Restart does not do the necessary!

I think pulling out power lead and waiting a minute before restarting might be the answer.

Getting near Christmas so will stop playing with FVP-4000T Media Renderer.

Dave

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 21:56:04 #7 |
  8. andyb63uk

Andy B

I've been following this and many other threads on the subject and have followed all suggestions but cannot get file transfer to work.

My 4000 shows up in Windows Media Player and I can see and play media files from it on my laptop.

But, the only way for me to copy files TO the 4000 so I can play them from it in the TV is to copy them to a memory stick, then copy them from the memory stick using the 4000's USB port.

I can see in explorer under media devices FVP-4000T Media Server DMS 192.168.1.7, but double clicking on this only opens Windows Media Player.

It does'nt show as a network device and for the life of me I cannot see the Download folder for the 4000 anywhere on my laptop.

All I want to do is drag and drop the files from my laptop to the HDD on the 4000 the same way I can onto my NAS.

| Fri 29 Apr 2016 13:32:34 #8 |
  9. andyb63uk

Andy B

I've been following this and many other threads on the subject and have followed all suggestions but cannot get file transfer to work.

My 4000 shows up in Windows Media Player and I can see and play media files from it on my laptop.

But, the only way for me to copy files TO the 4000 so I can play them from it on the TV is to copy them to a memory stick, then copy them from the memory stick using the 4000's USB port. (I've never had a problem watching anything I've transferred this way)

I can see in explorer under media devices FVP-4000T Media Server DMS 192.168.1.7 and FVP-4000T Media Renderer DMR 192.168.1.7, but double clicking on these only opens Windows Media Player and Properties respectively.

It doesn't show as a network device and for the life of me I cannot see the Download folder for the 4000 anywhere on my laptop.

All I want to do is drag and drop the files from my laptop to the HDD on the 4000 the same way I can onto my NAS.

| Fri 29 Apr 2016 13:32:34 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Make sure Media streaming is turned on in WMP via stream button.
    Youe requited media must be in the Library of course.

| Fri 29 Apr 2016 16:40:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.