My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Picture break-ups and periodic loss of signal with HDR Fox T2

(11 posts)
  1. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

My Humax HDR Fox T2 occasionally loses the signal for a fraction of a second or a few seconds. The signal strength is fine. An engineer has checked the aerial. I have high quality, screened aerial and HDMI leads. The break-up did not happen on my previous PVR.

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 20:27:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The box has very sensitive tuners, you could simply have too much signal or perhaps the channels you want have been stored in the 800's and a weaker transmitter has been stored at the normal lcn's. Try an attenuator if there aren't any in the 800's.

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 20:46:58 #2 |
  3. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

My signal level has been checked by an engineer and adjusted accordingly. I have no 800s. The HDR Fox T2 just doesn't seem fit for purpose.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 9:42:05 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

musictechguy - 1 hour ago  » 
    My signal level has been checked by an engineer and adjusted accordingly. I have no 800s. The HDR Fox T2 just doesn't seem fit for purpose.

Isn't it worth £3.00 just to find out ? Did the engineer bring a spectrum analyzer. Without one he's not going to find out very much about your signal.

I have a HD FOX T2. no problems at all.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 11:01:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulBear

> Musictechguy, same thing happens to my T2.
    All my aerial set up was fully tested and new aerial and booster added last year, I was having problems so engineer spent ages doing loads of tests on it for signal strength, etc.
    It does seem much more sensitive to everything than my old 9200T PVR

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 13:11:21 #5 |
  6. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

PaulBear - 9 minutes ago  » 
    All my aerial set up was fully tested and new aerial and booster added last year, I was having problems so engineer spent ages doing loads of tests on it for signal strength, etc.

It just seems that the Humax products are not fit for purpose. I'm directly in line to a transmitter.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 13:21:31 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PaulBear - 29 minutes ago  » 

If you had the booster fitted pre-dso take it out of service. At DSO the transmission power goes up 10dB which will be similar to the gain the amplifier provided.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 13:42:15 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

musictechguy - 20 minutes ago  » 

It just seems that the Humax products are not fit for purpose. I'm directly in line to a transmitter.

That's exactly the source of your problem. At DSO the signal strength is increased by 10dB. If you can see the transmitter you can probably use a coathanger to view.

See Too Much Signal

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ampsandsplitters.html#Attenuator

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 13:46:43 #8 |
  9. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

grahamlthompson - 15 minutes ago  » 

That's exactly the source of your problem. At DSO the signal strength is increased by 10dB. If you can see the transmitter you can probably use a coathanger to view.
    See Too Much Signal

No, as I said. An engineer has been around, reduced the strength of the reception, and ensured that it is within normal parameters The transmitter is not that close.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 14:02:19 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

musictechguy - 4 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 15 minutes ago  » 

See Too Much Signal

No, as I said. An engineer has been around, reduced the strength of the reception, and ensured that it is within normal parameters The transmitter is not that close.

How exactly did he do that without using an attenuator ?

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 14:07:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.