My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Pink screen

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bickland

Working perfectly for months -Suddenly picture froze –sound continued then picture tuned pink –horizontal narrow stripes with faint frozen picture behind –then pink pixelated screen- then pink screen .
    TV working perfectly when not connected to PVR. Have tried turning off at the mains and restarting but it comes back the same

Any suggestions?

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 18:22:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi bickland

Try connecting the box via a scart lead or RCA (red, yellow and white out puts) to the TV, if the box works OK through these connections you can try then replacing the HDMI cable, if it is still the same through HDMI try connecting it to a different TV to see if works through the HDMI on another TV.

Also you could try if the above don't work, unplug the box all together (all leads) and leave disconnected over night.

If none of these work then I think your box may have developed a fault, and will have to repaired or replaced.

| Tue 10 Jan 2017 12:52:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bickland

Hi Bill63

Thank you for your suggestions which I have tried without success.
    Disappointed that the machine did not even manage to survive for a year.

| Wed 11 Jan 2017 9:51:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi bickland

That's a sham its died, normally they are very reliable and lasts. If its still under warranty at least you can get it replaced for nothing, its always worth taking the extra Humax warranty out when you buy from new just in case, and its free from Humax which is good, some manufactures or stores charge extra for an extra years guarantee.

| Wed 11 Jan 2017 12:22:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bickland

Hi bill63

It was just inside store's guarantee. Took it back to Argos and it was replaced. I did have the extra year from Humax which I would have used as plan B.
    Thanks.

| Wed 11 Jan 2017 18:37:45 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.