My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Problem reserving BBC 3 &4 in UK

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkshire lass

I have a LGB_32TPVR which works well apart from the fact that I cannot reserve programmes on BBC 3 or 4. Sometimes it will record the programme in its entirety but the screen is greyed out and the letters MHEG appear , sometimes I get sound and sometimes I don't. I contacted Humax UK technical support by phone and e-mail and I have tried all their suggestions, Diagnose/Format/ manual search, automatic search and re setting to default. I can reserve all other programmes and they play back properly. I have tried reserving manually and by by going to Guide on the remote. If I record BBC3 or 4 instantly, it records OK. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I can try, I should be very grateful

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 9:16:32 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Usually symptomatic of have multiple versions of channels from more than one transmitter. Do you have any channels listed in the 800 range?

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 17:34:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkshire lass

I'm sorry but I don't know if I have any channels in the 800 range. Humax Customer Support got me to manually tune in to my local transmitter , Belmont, and select channels, 22 25, 30, 53 and 60 , selecting save after each one.

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 19:18:08 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Isn't there a Channel List button? Or an EPG to scroll down? They would tell you.

| Sun 19 Feb 2012 20:58:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkshire lass

Sorry to be so stupid ! I've now found the full channel list and there are no channels in the 800 range. Goes up to 315 and then back to number 1

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 7:39:25 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Are the BBC3 & BBC4 channels on-air when you try to set a timer from them? They are part-time and only start broadcsting from 7pm to the early next morning when they stop and CBBC and CBeebies take over.

While this should not be a problem the TV firmware could be buggy and not handle this very well.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 10:28:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkshire lass

I've tried reserving them when they are on air and also when they are not on air but I just get the grey screen even though they last for the full amount of time sometimes with the sound and sometimes not. If I press record when the programme is on then there is no problem ! I wonder if I should try doing a Format again, when I have done "Diagnose" I get a message saying there are no errors.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 13:05:19 #7 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

When playing back with no sound have you tried selecting the alternate audio track. On the Foxsat HDR remote this is the <|? button next to the Text button.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 13:48:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkshire lass

No, I haven't tried that ; I will try to reserve a programme on BBC3 or 4 tonight and see what happens ! Thanks for all your help.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 18:01:16 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkshire lass

Just to let you know that I have successfully recorded programmes on BBC 3 & 4 last night. I did another format. automatic search for programmes, Diagnose and then reserved them after7.05 pm to make sure that the programmes were on air and then also made sure that I was viewing 3 or 4 when I went to Guide on the remote. Thank you for all your help and suggestions and I hope that this "solution" helps anyone else with the same problem. I used to be able to record BBC 3/4 with no problems , this has only happened since my area went digital. Many thanks once again.

| Tue 21 Feb 2012 10:38:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.