My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Problem with DTR2100 series link

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Snowman

I have BBC1 casualty on series link recording. On 18th Feb I noticed it had 3 recordings listed.
    16th Feb recorded OK
    23rd Feb recording failed message
    23rd Feb recording failed message
    We, of course, had not yet reached 23rd Feb so this is a mystery. No reason was given for the supposed failure. I then noticed it had disappeared from the schedule page.
    All episodes prior to 16th Feb had been watched in previous weeks.
    I watched the 16th Feb episode then deleted all 3 and attempted to re-add the recording. It would not offer a series link option but just scheduled a single episode. I then tried a few other items on BBC2. Some offered series link, others did not. All other channels tried seemed OK. I powered the unit off at the wall and then tried again. The same fault occurred.
    Has anyone got any ideas please?

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 16:39:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pizzajohn

I too am having series link problems with BBC. Whenever I attempt to set up a recording I’m not offered a series record however, there are no problems with ITV

Also, I cannot get BBC iPlayer from the ‘On Demand’ option just, a black screen.

My HDR-1100S is up to date and, I have returned it to its Factory state but, no joy.

Anyone have any solutions?

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 17:56:02 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Complain to the BBC. The EPG info they are issuing is all over the place at the moment.

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 18:12:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Snowman

I have complained to the BBC and am awaiting response.
    Just checked Humax schedule again today and the series link has magically appeared for Casualty. Without me doing anything, it changed itself from a single episode to series record. That's spooky!

| Thu 21 Feb 2019 13:47:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Snowman - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Without me doing anything, it changed itself from a single episode to series record. That's spooky!

It is not spooky, it is just the BBC realising they made an error and correcting it. Generally speaking the BBC are very good at accurate recording but recently they have been very poor and I suspect an attempt to fix the problem made things worse. I have confidence that they will sort it out before too long.

| Thu 21 Feb 2019 14:19:28 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I am losing confidence as it is months since I flagged this issue with them.

| Thu 21 Feb 2019 21:02:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave MOS

But still the BBC cannot get its series link right. This season’s Prom concerts are a nightmare, the BEEB having linked BBC4, BBC4 HD and Radio 3 broadcasts as if they are all one sequence, so if you try to series link the TV programs the box will try to record the whole Prom season and that means that on a TV broadcast often of a previous night’s concert the box will try to record both TV versions plus the current night’s radio broadcast crashing when it cannot do 3 programs at once. Asking for just a single TV Prom last week then treated it as a radio broadcast on BBC4 TV and recorded the sound very nicely with a black screen, blanking out the picture! Communicated this to the BBC online - but zero response! Anybody who can get the whole of the Last Night recorded on BBC2 and then BBC1 for the jingoistic second half can apparently win a prize of a free TV licence next year for an elderly relative over 75, but should not bother if their relative is easily irritated by useless technology.

| Tue 6 Aug 2019 1:58:24 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.