My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

problems with software upgrade

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tooth fairy

Bought this for an elderly relative and it worked well for approximately 3 months. Then error messages saying weak signal. Had the ariel checked out and there were no problems ( TV working without PVR connected)
    Removed box to try a software upgrade, however we have no ariel only cable. Have tried downloading upgrade onto USB method but still message appearing on screen saying no antenna connected. Help !

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 12:49:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tooth fairy - 3 hours ago  » 
    Have tried downloading upgrade onto USB method but still message appearing on screen saying no antenna connected. Help !

You should be able to do a software update from USB without an aerial. Perhaps you should describe what you have done? If you have Internet then connecting the Humax with a network cable to the router should also cause it to update. The FAQ on software updates is at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-update-software-via-usb-on-1800t2000t

As for the weak signal message the either an auto tune or a manual tune, both in the Installation menu (default PIN is 0000) might help; instructions for manual tune at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 16:07:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tooth fairy

Thanks for that. I can connect the PVR to the internet, but I can't connect it to a TV at the same time. How will I know if the update has worked?

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 18:03:03 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tooth fairy - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that. I can connect the PVR to the internet, but I can't connect it to a TV at the same time. How will I know if the update has worked?

The image will display on the TV via the HDMI or SCART connection.

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 18:53:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tooth fairy - 58 minutes ago  » 
    I can connect the PVR to the internet, but I can't connect it to a TV at the same time. How will I know if the update has worked?

I am not certain. What I would try is connecting the Humax to the Internet and leaving it connected over night. Then move it next to the TV and connect it to the TV. With luck it will offer to install the software update it has downloaded. Can someone who has done this confirm if this will work or not?

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 19:04:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tooth fairy

Thanks for suggestions. So far I've connected box overnight to internet and this showed no update available. Eventually got a TV connected and internet ( no ariel) and despite doing an automatic update search still getting a message saying no update available. Just for information the installed software is 1.00.07 and the latest version is shown as 1.01.13..
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 19:48:46 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.