My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Pvr 9300t not re-booting

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brober1628

Hi there. My problem is that my PVR 9300T will not boot or reboot up. All I get is a display showing the time (which is wrong by the way). I can't access anything to find out what is wrong. Any help in understanding what the issue is or how to resolve it would be appreciated.

| Tue 2 May 2023 9:39:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Brober1628 - 20 mins ago  » 
    Hi there. My problem is that my PVR 9300T will not boot or reboot up. All I get is a display showing the time (which is wrong by the way).

The first thing to do would be to open the 9300T and disconnect the hard drive. Then see if the box will boot up without the hard drive and function as a set top box. If it does then the most likely problem is that the hard drive needs replacing.

| Tue 2 May 2023 10:04:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brober1628

Turning the pvr into a set top box (should the hard disk removal work) is no use to me as it is the recording function that I need. If your suggestion is the only option then I suspect the box will not do what I want and is effectively defunct? Had it for quite a while so no shame to it....just sad to lose all the stuff on the hard disk.

| Tue 2 May 2023 15:00:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Brober1628 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Turning the pvr into a set top box (should the hard disk removal work) is no use to me as it is the recording function that I need.

Removing the disk and testing if the box works as a set top box is a diagnostic, not a long term solution. The intent is to find out if the problem is with the hard drive or on the motherboard. If need be changing the hard drive isn't difficult.

| Tue 2 May 2023 17:51:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brober1628

I have removed the hard disk and find that the box now works as if it is just a set top box. I assume this means the hard drive is the issue. Do you have any suggestions for what I need to find as a replacement and where I might be lucky to find one.

| Wed 3 May 2023 14:50:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Brober1628 - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have removed the hard disk and find that the box now works as if it is just a set top box. I assume this means the hard drive is the issue.

You could do some checks on the hard drive to see if it is defunct or the file system has just become corrupted.

Do you have any suggestions for what I need to find as a replacement and where I might be lucky to find one.

Hard drives have moved on since the 9300T was released and you won't easily find an exact replacement. My experience is that buying second hand drives is all too often a waste of time and money. I would suggest a new Wester Digital WD10PURZ 1TB surveillance drive or a Seagate Skyhawk 1TB drive. Both about £45. !TB is far more storage space that the 9300T can actually support but I think they will work. If you go down this route buy from a reliable on-line seller who will allow the device to be returned if not suitable,

| Thu 4 May 2023 0:11:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brober1628

FYI.... WD10PURZ 1TB purchased and fitted....formatted...Pvr took ages (approx 30 secs) to respond to any remote instruction. Recordings would not show on screen and guide listings would not populate. In essence the drive is not compatible. Will be returning the drive.

| Sat 6 May 2023 18:18:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Brober1628 - 3 hours ago  » 
    FYI.... WD10PURZ 1TB purchased and fitted....formatted...Pvr took ages (approx 30 secs) to respond to any remote instruction. Recordings would not show on screen and guide listings would not populate. In essence the drive is not compatible. Will be returning the drive.

I would guess the issue that it is a SATA 3 drive and the Humax wants a SATA 1 (or maybe 2) drive. Earlier Western Digital Drives had jumpers to reduce the SATA speed where needed; I can't see any mention of them in the rather scant information that WD publish. It looks to me as though there is a software utility available from Seagate to change the SATA speed on Seagate drives such as the Skyhawk.

| Sat 6 May 2023 21:52:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brober1628

As an aside....all this unplugging,disk removal etc seems to have cleared the blockage.....original disk now working and recordings available. Point for the future?

| Sun 7 May 2023 9:55:37 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.