My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydon's - "Non-Freesat" to "Freesat"?

(13 posts)
  1. patpending

patpending

Following grahamlthompson's advice I have managed to connect my computer to the Foxsat box and loaded Raydon's File and Media Package. This involved bringing my router to the box, connecting them with ethernet cable (socket in the back of the box) and updating using internet (telephone extension cable into living room to router).

As I understand it, the key to recording non-freesat channels is to move them into the freesat channel list. I have installed the interface and can see a menu option "WebIf channel lists" but the list is only freesat and I can't find the others.

I searched for this topic without finding it.

How do I add non-freesat channels to the freesat list?

| Tue 18 Mar 2014 23:01:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you already have non freesat mode ignore following

First you have to add the channels to the box (Which creates Non-Freesat mode)

Menu - Setup - Manual Tune Search

You are now in non freesat mode and the Settings Menu has a STB Mode option Freesat/Non Freesat

The optional package you need in Raydons software is the channel editor. Simply tick visible and Freesat for the channels you want to see in Freesat mode.

The Webif Channel list option allows you to build customised views of the channels you want to see in the webif guide (It loads much faster if you don't have loads of channels)

At the bottom of the scheduled recordings page you should then find a manual recording option for the channels.

The Webif documentation has a section on using the Channel Editor plugin. (Click on the Books Icon)

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 10:35:59 #2 |
  3. patpending

patpending

Thank you so much again for your help, Graham. TBH the idea of connecting a computer to what is a modern VCR would never have occurred to me.

I have populated both the 28.2°E Freesat and the 19.2°E non-Freesat channels on the Foxsat box.

I have located the documentation on the channel editor and I see that it is a "Web Interface Plug-In". Where do I get the software from?

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 15:37:58 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patpending - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you so much again for your help, Graham. TBH the idea of connecting a computer to what is a modern VCR would never have occurred to me.
    I have populated both the 28.2°E Freesat and the 19.2°E non-Freesat channels on the Foxsat box.
    I have located the documentation on the channel editor and I see that it is a "Web Interface Plug-In". Where do I get the software from?

From the Package Management Icon within the software. Click on update package list on the net. You have 3 page tabs.

Installed Available Upgrades. First click on the Update Package List From The Internet.

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 16:14:36 #4 |
  5. patpending

patpending

Thank you! That's worked, now to get stuck in...

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 17:46:22 #5 |
  6. patpending

patpending

Hooray - have moved the main German channels to Freesat where (with their numbers 5xxx) they come after 999 and are no longer in the non-freesat list.

I cannot see these channels in "Edit Channels - Edit Channel List" to move them up to the top and they sadly do not even have the "now and next" you get for non-freesat but cannot use for recording.

I know I read I could change channel numbers somewhere. Is it possible to do that and/or to access the full EPG for 19.2°E? (don't see it in the documentation)

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 19:28:36 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's no known way to display any epg info within Freesat mode. In non freesat mode you get now/next epg data but no full epg in common with generic fta satellite boxes. By sheer coincidence there is a current discussion on AV Forums about the possibility of displaying now/next data within freesat mode.

You can renumber non-freesat channels but only in the 5000+ range. Non-freesat channels get arbitary numbers in the order they are added. The transmission has no lcn's (Logical channel numbers), these are created by the epg and allocated to the programme SID.

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 19:39:07 #7 |
  8. patpending

patpending

thank you for all your help!

The numbers 5001-5018 I have copied to Freesat are my own. I suppose if I wanted to have RTL next to BBC1 I could put it in as the highest 50xx number I copied across - but ideally I want RTL at "8" and BBC1 at "9" with full EPG so I can't do that.

At least the overnight taping of the Australian Grand Prix worked - I have discovered under "Settings" - "Other" that unless I disable "Automatic Standby" the ******* box turns itself off (even if I leave it on switched to the correct side) and the tape is blank.

So you can get non-freesat channels on freesat, but not a) mix the channel numbers in the channel list or b) get the EPG for automatic recording on the HDD? So why do people do it?

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 20:01:12 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Because it's the only way to set a manual recording timer for non-freesat channels. Without it you have to enter non-freesat and manually start any recordings.

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 20:26:29 #9 |
  10. patpending

patpending

so I can record while I'm out! Where are the notes on how to?

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 20:30:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.