My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Receiver is not receiving a signal...

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

farlicar

Last night the box was in use with Freesat and working normally. Switched it on about 1:00 this afternoon and got the message "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak"

I had a look and the Signal Information is "No signal for Strength and Quality for both Tuner 1 and 2

So far I have, without success:
    1) Restarted the box from standby
    2) Powered the box down and back on
    3) Swapped the cables over between tuner 1 and 2
    4) Checked the dish was in fact on wall and not showing any apparent damage
    5) Got old Sky box (single tuner) out of loft and tested each cable separately, signal good and picture is good (as good as SD is that is).

Also I've noticed when checking the Signal Information, whether there are cables plugged in or not the box states "Freesat box connected with 2 cables"!

Are there other steps I could try? System Reset, (would this effect the recordings)?

Do the tuners fail in these boxes?

Perhaps nearly four years about the usual life span of one of these?

Many thanks in advance

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 19:10:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Is that on all channels or some specific ones? Been happening to us on HD channels on and off over the past week due to weather. Switch to the equivalent SD channel and all OK.

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 19:55:54 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Is that on all channels or some specific ones? Been happening to us on HD channels on and off over the past week due to weather. Switch to the equivalent SD channel and all OK.

Mine was the same this morning. Last night the BBC changed the FEC settings on some of their channels including 106 and 102. Sadly they apparently failed to update the transponder database, It came right on my box after a few reboots. Will probably be OK by tommorow, if not you may need a freesat re-tune. My Foxsat-HDR was fine (on same lnb) as it updated during overnight house keeping.

Strangely the epg updated OK just no signal on the BBC-HD channels. Had you tried 111 it most likely would have worked.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/80?quote=68918#postform

You weren't alone

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2305727/lost-channels-on-freesat#latest

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 20:03:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nevans

same happened to me this evening. Went through swopping cables etc. to no avail. In the end, did a factory reset, and both tuners came back. What;s going on?

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 20:18:28 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nevans - 3 minutes ago  » 
    same happened to me this evening. Went through swopping cables etc. to no avail. In the end, did a factory reset, and both tuners came back. What;s going on?

The BBC screwed up big time. The changed the forward error correction settings (FEC) on the BBC channels HD but failed to make the required changes in the transponder database. A Freesat re-tune would likely have fixed it. The new settings increase the transponder capacity at but make the channel reception less robust. A similar change by ITV and STV screwed up some Panasonic Freesat models.

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 20:23:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

farlicar

Hi Pollensa1946 and grahamlthompson,

It is all channels, HD and SD.

I'll check the links and reboot away. If nothing in the morning - return.

Let's hope that fixes it.

Thanks,

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 20:23:39 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

farlicar - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Pollensa1946 and grahamlthompson,
    It is all channels, HD and SD.
    I'll check the links and reboot away. If nothing in the morning - return.
    Let's hope that fixes it.
    Thanks,

Do you mean all BBC channels ? 111 worked OK on my HDR-1000S

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 20:27:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

Hi, sorry to post on this feed if it’s not correct but I’m having a similar problem with my Humax DTRT2000. Sunday when I switched it on I had sound but no picture “no signal” on black screen. I have tried to reset but it doesn’t bring up the on screen instructions, it continually says no signal so it won’t let me do a reset. Help!!

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 21:09:36 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

teeward - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, sorry to post on this feed if it’s not correct but I’m having a similar problem with my Humax DTRT2000. Sunday when I switched it on I had sound but no picture “no signal” on black screen. I have tried to reset but it doesn’t bring up the on screen instructions, it continually says no signal so it won’t let me do a reset. Help!!

The DTR-2000 is a terestrial box, your problem can't be related to this thread. Check for issues at your local transmitter. Can you watch Freeview on your TV ?

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 21:26:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

farlicar

Update:

Left the box on for about an hour, with the "Receiver is not receiving..." message displaying. All of a sudden, sound and light! The broadcasts resumed, oh great I thought. All channels, SD and HD are back.

Unfortunately not quite there. Checking the Signal Info, Tuner 1 is still showing 'No Signal'. Initially I though perhaps I'd not got the cables properly connected after fiddling earlier. Both seemed fine, yet just in case I swapped the cables over between the two tuners and still Tuner 1 is showing 'No signal'.

So as it is half working I'll leave it till tomorrow and see if Tuner 1 revives itself, like it's brother tuner did.

Thanks for your collective help so far.

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 21:46:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.