My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

recording a program that has started

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinah50

I do not know which button on the humax remote control is the record button if it is the red button nothing happens when I press it to record a program

| Sun 16 Aug 2020 11:24:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

On Humax models that don't record out of the box what you are after may not be possible unless you add external memory.

On one of the recordable Humaxies it is the left button on the bottom row. It is a black button with a red dot.
    Which button to use for your Humax may be different if you don't have the same recordable model or the same remote control.

Barry's previous reply to one of your previous questions still applies if you want to have detail specifically for your model and remote.

Barry - 3 years ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    For a detailed response we need to know which Humax product you are referring to.

| Sun 16 Aug 2020 12:15:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinah50

The model is an HDR-FOX T2
    Thanks for your help

| Sun 16 Aug 2020 16:52:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dinah50 - 37 mins ago  » 
    The model is an HDR-FOX T2
    Thanks for your help

Presuming that you are using the original remote (marked "HUMAX RM-F04") it is the black button with the red dot.
    It is located on the far right just below the MENU button. When you use it to record the current programme you need to be watching the channal and not be looking at any of the menus.

It will start recording from the point in the programme that you are watching. If you want to record what you have already watched then wind back the live buffer before pressing the button that has the red dot.

| Sun 16 Aug 2020 17:35:39 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

Luke - 5 hours ago  » 

If you want to record what you have already watched then wind back the live buffer before pressing the button that has the red dot.

Not sure that that technique works on a T2. I think not.

| Sun 16 Aug 2020 23:04:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinah50

Thank you Luke I will try that. I spent ages looking through the manual but could not find how to do it.

Trev I don't know what you mean by "wind back the live buffer"?
    If I record a program I am watching will it not come up as they normally do
    when pre-recorded?

Thanks for your help.

| Mon 17 Aug 2020 5:57:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dinah50 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank you Luke I will try that. I spent ages looking through the manual but could not find how to do it.
    If I record a program I am watching will it not come up as they normally do
    when pre-recorded?
    Thanks for your help.

Just pressing the red dot button will only record from the point in the programme that you are currently watching.

To record from an earlier point you would need to use the rewind button (which is just below the play button) to go back o the point in the programme that you want to record from, and only then press the record button (i.e. the red dot button).

There are more details in the HDR-FOX T2 manuals of how to record an already started programme.
    On my versions of the manual (versions 2 and 3) it is on page 30. The entire first page of the "Recording And Playback" section covers what you are after doing and the various additional options you could use.

Trev - 10 hours ago  » Not sure that that technique works on a T2. I think not.

Yes it does work. It has been working on all versions of the software at least since June 2011.

| Mon 17 Aug 2020 9:11:18 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

dinah50 - 4 hours ago  » 

I didn't say that. Luke did. I was pointing out that I was led to believe that it didn't work on the T2, but does on subsequent models. But Luke has subsequently corrected me. I must now satisfy myself that he is correct by actually trying it on my T2.

| Mon 17 Aug 2020 10:06:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Trev - 2 hours ago  » 
    I was led to believe that it didn't work on the T2, but does on subsequent models.

It is the HD-FOX T2 that it does not work with. It works as described in the manual for HDR-FOX T2, HDR-2000T and HDR-1800T. The FVP is a bit different but appears to be to more people's liking. Rather than clutter up Dinah50's thread I won't go into details of the FVP and how that works for instant recordings.

| Mon 17 Aug 2020 13:09:15 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

Then I was led to believe wrongly for the T2.
    Oh, no I wasn't.
    Ah. Just tried it as per, and it was the rewinding bit that I had forgotten about and led me to believe incorrectly.

| Mon 17 Aug 2020 15:21:57 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.