My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recording Error

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donald C

My Humax was bought over a year ago and no problems found until recently. In the last few months several recordings have cut off before the end of the programme. This has occurred over several channels, mostly ITV1 and Drama. I can find nothing about this in the user manual so don't know whether the errors stem from the DVD or TV channels. Can anyone help please?

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:49:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. If you specify which model you have I guess a moderator will move to the appropriate thread. You are likely to get a better response then.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 13:01:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donald C

Sorry - the model is a Humax HDR-Fox T2.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 13:11:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In Menu - Settings - Preference- Recordings do you have Start Padding Time set to Off, and End Padding Time set to OFF ?

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 13:26:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donald C

Yes - both settings are OFF!

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 14:32:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Donald C - 54 seconds ago  » 
    Yes - both settings are OFF!

Have you checked that the Humax is only tuned to one transmitter (one symptom would be channels above 800)?

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 14:34:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donald C

Yes - this is OK and as far as I can see there are no channels of 800 or above.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 14:41:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Are the programmes where the end has been cut off programmes where you started the recording while watching a channel by pressing the record button on the remote?

Or are any of the recordings being made from timers which you have not created by selecting a programme from the epg? I.e. you created the timer manually using the blank entry at the top of the schedule list.

Are any of the recordings made by selecting the programme from the epg, and then afterwards you got the timer details up as if you were going to edit the timer?

Are any of the programmes from the Yesterday channel or radio programmes? There are a few other susceptible channels but I don't know them all. I suspect that Drama like Yesterday does not support overruns. But this wouldn't account for your ITV1 failures.

Edit: Sorry I should have been clearer. Any of the above can cause cut-off of the end of the programme.

Edit: I've just tried it and Drama does support Accurate Recording. (I wonder if Yesterday now does)

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 15:19:57 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

One other possibility, did you create the recordings from the epg by pressing OK and selecting the appropriate options from the pop up menu ?

Ignore this, on some boxes using the record button creates a one off manual recording. On the HDR FOX T2 it does not (just tried it out)

Only other reason I can think of is the broadcaster screwed up the Accurate Recording codes (It does happen infrequently) usually when there's a late change to the programmes transmitted.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 15:23:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donald C

Thanks for replies Graham & Luke.
    I use Page 31 of the manual (Scheduled Recording) i.e. goto Guide, press OK, record programme or series, press OK at appropriate one. Usually it works OK but sometimes it records exactly the duraton in the Guide. I have never recorded by time only.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 17:58:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.