My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recording - file format not supported message

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

The wife recorded part 2 of the programme about 'Teeth' a couple of nights ago BBC1 HD.

When she came to play it tonight everything appeared normal i.e. programme recorded, 60 minutes etc. However, when the play button was pressed up pops a message "file format not supported'. Needless to say the programme would not play.

I am totally baffled as to what has happened here. Does anyone have any ideas, or have they seen this happen before?

| Sat 13 Jun 2015 23:06:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It has happened before to others.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-supported-file-format-error-message

| Sun 14 Jun 2015 10:22:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Thanks for the link Graham, at least I know this has happened to others, though with no apparent solution. Re-formatting is not a road I wish to go down at this moment in time (too many recordings I wish to hang on to).

One thing I should have mentioned and this is a puzzler too. The programme had recorded the SD version at the same time, even though I had not set it to record it in SD?

| Sun 14 Jun 2015 12:12:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the link Graham, at least I know this has happened to others, though with no apparent solution. Re-formatting is not a road I wish to go down at this moment in time (too many recordings I wish to hang on to).
    One thing I should have mentioned and this is a puzzler too. The programme had recorded the SD version at the same time, even though I had not set it to record it in SD?

That sounds like a crid issue. If broadcaster used the same series crid and a different programme crid for SD and HD the box would elect to record both. Of course had you another recording scheduled at the same time it would have generated a clash. Were both versions unplayable ?

| Sun 14 Jun 2015 12:51:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Faust - 36 minutes ago  » 

That sounds like a crid issue. If broadcaster used the same series crid and a different programme crid for SD and HD the box would elect to record both. Of course had you another recording scheduled at the same time it would have generated a clash. Were both versions unplayable ?

That's the funny thing I tried to play the SD version out of curiosity when I saw the double recording. The SD version played. At that point I deleted it and moved to the HD version which is when I ended up with egg on my face and a very irritated look from the missus.

We ended up watching it on catch up.

| Sun 14 Jun 2015 16:07:02 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have had this in the past (> 1 year ago) and did end-up with the buffer problem. In the end I reformatted the H.D. and no problem since.

I had also seen this, or a similar message, when trying to play various encodings from external sources. I presumed these were unsupported formats

| Sun 14 Jun 2015 19:48:23 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.