My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording Problem

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

After having a bit of a reception problem with my Foxsat-HD-R i did a factory reset, the box would not recognise my postcode until i got my dish realigned then i was able to complete the reset and after doing an auto search the reception has been fine. The problem now is i cant record two programmes at once as i could before, if i am recording one channel whilst watching itv i get the message asking me to select which programme to cancel. If i switch to bbc hd and press record i can go to bbc2 and also record, i can then switch to certain other channels except the itv network. Checking the system only one lnb lead is shown as detected even though i have two fitted and they are connected right, do i need to call out an installer to completely reset the box for me as im not really up on this stuff and am reluctant to try another factory reset after the previous problem, thanks for any input.

| Mon 4 Nov 2013 23:37:25 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Notwithstanding the contents of your post.

1. Check that you are indeed connected to the correct 2 inputs on rear of unit, that is the outer 2.

(under normal circumstances the middle lnb connection should have nothing in it)

2. If above correct then factory reset is the easiest fix. During the intial set up both connections should be reported on screen.

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 9:34:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

Thanks, both cables on the back are connected to the two outers with nothing on the middle one. Last night i set the recorder up to record two channels at the same time, bbc1 and itv1 i then turned off the box to watch a dvd, it recorded both channels no problem so it seems the problem is only when i want to view one channel whilst recording another, if only one cable is being shown as detected i wouldnt have thought it would have recorded the two. Would doing a factory reset then pick up both cables? Im a bit reluctant as the last time i tried it initally the postcode wasnt recognised until the dish was reset so dont want to lose everything.

| Wed 6 Nov 2013 10:12:09 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You can record two channels on one cable under certain conditions.

One or two cable operation is only detected and stored during factory reset.

There is however another way of seeing what the unit is currently set to. Follow steps 5 to 7 using these instructions. Ignore any no-entry signs that appear on screen.

Your connection type should be "Two Cable(same)". while you can change it here it will not tell you if you have a problem with one of the cables - only a factory reset can do that.

| Wed 6 Nov 2013 10:42:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

Thank you, i,ll do a factory reset tonight and hopefully that will cure it then.

| Wed 6 Nov 2013 13:33:18 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bellevueace - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you, i,ll do a factory reset tonight and hopefully that will cure it then.

Watch carefully for the on screen message.

| Wed 6 Nov 2013 15:15:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

It says on the above instructions the diseqc is never detected on the initial installation/factory reset,so would the reset actually work?

| Wed 6 Nov 2013 17:24:10 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bellevueace - 20 minutes ago  » 
    It says on the above instructions the diseqc is never detected on the initial installation/factory reset,so would the reset actually work?

I did say to start at step5 - you don't have diseq.

| Wed 6 Nov 2013 17:45:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

Yes you did, thanks again, ive not much idea on this stuff.

| Thu 7 Nov 2013 15:08:00 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

I did the factory reset and during set up it came up as two cables (same) detected, accepted the postcode and scanned for programmes, on completion the only difference i noted was a had BBC1 london instead of north west, all other channels are the same, on recording a programme on CBS reality that i had from before the reset i only got the option of record/watch instead of the record as a series, every other channel gives me the added option of recording as a series so apart from those two minor differences if the recording problem is now sorted that will do me, thanks for your help.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 18:08:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.