My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

RED Button I player ITV player not working

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

I am new to forum so apologize if I have missed an answer/

I have FOXSAT HDR and Toshiba TV both bought for Olympics so about Jul 12.

Early Dec or late Nov 14 both Iplayer and ITV Player stopped working and had been fine and used about a week earlier. I get error 10001 on ITV player the other seems to just stick on loading.

Havent used red button for a while but have found a week ago it will not work and get a message Technical problems etc. I can watch one channel on ch 891.

Both TV and FOXSAT box are always left on standby so picking up the updates at 0300.

Can anyone help to get these back for me please

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 5:04:57 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and Welcome to our forum.

Something's wrong as there is no Freesat channel 891.

A reset to factory defaults is probably the answer.

Before you do can you do some basic checks.

Check you can receive the Freesat info channel on 999 (If you can't don't do the reset) Note if you haven't this channel you won't get any updates.

Check current software version and signal reception Menu - System - Diagnostics Post Software Version and Tuner 1 and 2 Strength and Quality.

Check your network connection Menu - System - Network and post the results.

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 10:57:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

I have misstyped the channel its 981, sorry, was hoping to watch Aussie open!

I have done the other checks but will do again and post.

Dont want to do factory reset as from other posts I have seen here and on web, if dish has become slightly misaligned I could lose all TV and am better off as I am. Also there is nobody in this area who can realign!

Would have to try and find someone to travel over 65 miles in each direction!

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 15:50:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

Forgot to say yes get 999

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 15:51:35 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

KatJPaul - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Forgot to say yes get 999

In that case it should be safe to do a factory reset. The problem with a reset not working is because of loss of access to the freesat home transponder (hence no way to verify a postcode). 999 is transmitted from the freesat home transponder, that's why I asked you to check first.

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 15:58:50 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

RE Iplayer and ITV Player - are you sure your network connection is OK?
    I suggest a power cycle on your router and then check the Foxsat has an IP address..

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 17:02:39 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

Thank you but as far as I can tell the router connection is fine as it will work on my lappy.

Dont know what a power cycle is or how to tell about the IP addy.

The whole thing was working fine in November and then suddenly stopped ands would love to know why.

My router has a number of input? points and have tried others and also changed the lead from router to FOXSAT.

Graham I will come back to you shortly cos want to check out the settings and stuff and have questions about factory reset.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 16:34:13 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

a power cycle is simply disconnecting the power then waiting until the units capacitors have discharged, which is normally about 1 minute, hen reconnecting the power. Just wait for it to finish booting.

You can verify the Foxsat has acquired an ip address by looking in (from memory) settings > system > network. - Graham please correct this if necessary - it's been a while since I had my Foxsat.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 16:55:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

Right Graham I am looking at the stuff you asked about and answers follow:

Tuner 1 and two have strenth of 90% but as I watch tuner ! is constantly changing strength and now sitting at 85% then goes back to 90!!

Software version ia HPRSFCI 1.OO.21
    loader version U 7.54

Network coneection maybe looks interesting or not!

IP address 192.168.0.2
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Router address 192.168.0.1
    DNS address Same as above
    Ethernet ID DC-D3-21-3C-76-F1 ands at top of screen says configure ethernet

I have never looked at these settings before both in Network and Diagnostics.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 16:59:40 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

I will try the power cycle thing and trying to remember when my ISP had probs and I was down for nearly a day and at that point was switching on and off to try to get router reset.

It was 30 Nov because I was about to start streaming a football match and missed it so reckon the problems started after this!

Right off to switch off router and TV Foxsat and every thing.........keep fingers crossed for me

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 17:06:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.