My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Remote control using Marmitek Powermid

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oneandsix

I have problems using a Marmitek power mid receiver/transmitter to control a Humax HDR Foxsat in another room. All other equipment works fine but Humax requires a double click?
    Humax and handset work as normal if in the same room.

Can the Humax be programmed to overcome this problem?

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 20:50:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It can't be programmed as such but there are ways of improving the response to ir commands.

1 make sure that the stick on display protector under the flap has been removed (It's very hard to see).

2 Carefully remove the black lacquer coating from the inside of the round hole you see when the flap is lowered. A wooden cocktail stick worked for me.

3 If you have one try dropping the flap and attaching a stick on ir extender for the Marmitex directly to the ir receiver location.

4 If you have a smart phone/tablet/laptop install the custom firmware and it's associated Web Interface (Webif). This has a remote control that is accessible from a web browser and directly controls the Foxsat directly over your home network.

Details here.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-5.1829374/

Welcome to our forum.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 21:13:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oneandsix

Thanks Graham. I will try suggestions

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 21:21:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.