My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

remote in a second room

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

leigh

Hi , I bought a 1010 s last week and am setting it up so I can use it with tvs in other rooms. My problem is what remote should i use in the other rooms? It would be nice not to have to spend £25 plus on a remote for each room. Thanks very much.

| Mon 21 Oct 2013 12:10:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

leigh - 2 hours ago  » 
    ...am setting it up so I can use it with tvs in other rooms...

How have you done this? Difficult to answer your question without understanding your setup.

| Mon 21 Oct 2013 14:55:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

leigh

I actually have a'proper satellite man ' coming to 'do it 'for me later this week. I have shown him my previous multi room installation which consisted of a kit I bought from Maplin. The kit consisted of a SLX 4B aerial amplifier with integrated bypass, a load of aerial cable and some magic eye things which I just plugged into the aerial sockets on the tvs in the other rooms. At that time, when I set it up myself , I had a Sky + box and I connected the SLX 4B amplifier using a cable from the RF out socket from the skybox. I kept that for about 6 or 7 years and I am pleased to say it worked well and I was very pleased with myself. However, I finally lost my patience with the really useless broadband from Sky so I switched to Virgin. Virgin has its own problems for me, because 1)I can't see how to use my multi room system with it and 2) I cannot for the life of me get my vodafone suresignal box to work with Virgin broadband , and I have given up trying. Anyhow, I am now left with a Virgin Tivo box in one room and in the same room I have put my lovely new Humax 1010s. I ahev 4 Sky remotes, and I know I will need some extra remotes when the man comes and fixes my multi room system. I got the impression he is going to use the same SLX box and my aerial wires which I have fitted to go into the different rooms. Sorry to be so longwinded. Leigh

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 9:59:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

leigh

I should make it clear that the Virgin box is in use in that one room, and I have decent broadband from Virgin. I currently have one Humax remote, white in colour , which operates the Humax box, but I will now have to get some more remotes to work with the magic eyes in the other rooms. Using the one remote will be a pain! What I heed help with is what type of remote do I need to buy? Thanks Leigh

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 10:05:01 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Only Sky boxes will work with magic eyes unless you buy extra kit that understands the remote control signals that the eye sends back down the coax cable. The latest Sky boxes also now need extra kit to work with magic eyes.

One such box is the Triax Tri-link unit.

http://www.triax.co.uk/upload/tri-link_aug_2010.pdf

You don't need special remotes, just ones that will control your kit if you were in the same as room as the kit.

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 11:36:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

leigh

Many thanks for this help.

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 11:48:11 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.