My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Screen-saver clock

(14 posts)
  1. GeeDeeEss

GeeDeeEss

oh wow!- love it.

I've just had the radio playing on my t2 for the first time and to my pleasant surprise after around a couple of minutes the static screen darkend and a screen-saver appeared displaying an old-skool flip clock (pictured) the likes of which you see on railway station concourses.

It moves its position every 5 seconds or so to prevent screen burn on plasmas i presumme.

had no idea that this existed but it is the little things like this that make me appreciate my humax!

had anyone else spotted this?

EDIT:
    this was supposed to be in the hdr fox t2 section but something happened when i uploaded a picture that it auto posted before i could select the section. my mistake.

Admin Comment- no prob soon moved.

Attachments

1. 2012-02-23_14-04-28_(Small).jpg (24.7 KB, 32 downloads) 12 years old
    | Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:07:47 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

Yes I see it when I pause a recording to reset the oven timer or answer the door. I thought it was a nice feature too.

Andy

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:52:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkshireboy

You'll be surprised to find a thread on another forum, not far from here, dedicating to remove this feature...

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 16:02:01 #3 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

That would be a shame, if I ever get a plazma or for those with an old CRT. A comprimise maybe to turn screen saver off or set a time out via the setings menu?

Andy

| Fri 24 Feb 2012 15:00:57 #4 |
  5. Wallace

Wallace

special member

I agree, a useful feature. One man's meat is another's poison. As yorkshireboy has pointed out, not everyone thinks the same. Indeed some hate it!

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 8:14:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Wallace - 2 days ago  » 
    I agree, a useful feature. One man's meat is another's poison. As yorkshireboy has pointed out, not everyone thinks the same. Indeed some hate it!

The screensaver confuses my mum. "It's gone wrong, there are big numbers all over the screen!" she said on the phone, after I'd got her to pause something when I phoned her.

I would like to see a configurable time before the screensaver appears, and an option to turn it off (my mum has an LCD TV so doesn't need it).

| Mon 27 Feb 2012 21:35:49 #6 |
  7. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I agree, there should be an option to disable it or at least set what the timeout is.

| Fri 2 Mar 2012 14:09:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

emma h

i'd like an off option too please - the BBC radio stations i regularly listen to via the TV, broadcast data alongside the sound. i like to see the track info as, for me, it is by far the best thing about digital radio - it doesn't require the dj to remember to say who the artist is.

at the very least, the screensaver should switch off when the data page changes (which it currently doesn't, which i suspect is down to screen flicker / distraction concerns).

the data page also says who the dj is, how long their show is & which station is playing - all good & useful stuff.

i don't need another clock in my house.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 11:21:23 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Never seen a Screen Saver on my HDR Fox-T2, tried listening to Internet Radio and it never timed out to Screen Save Clock even after 15 minutes.
    Cannot find any settings that control this feature.
    Has the feature been removed on latest .29 Software

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 10:45:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dandnsmith

No, the feature hasn't been removed - I was looking at a radio channel this morning, and watching it. It also will cut in if you pause playback of media long enough.

For those who want it, there is also elsewhere alternative font and background for the clock.

Derek

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 13:56:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.