My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Set up wifi network

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bwizz

Can anybody help me set up a wifi network. I have ty portal working fine via wi/fi. I have put in what seems to be required router password etc but when i try to access network , i get the no server found message.
    Also internet radio still seems buggy after updating software to 029 is this still being worked on ?
    thanks in advance

| Wed 26 Sep 2012 14:53:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bwizz - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I have put in what seems to be required router password etc but when i try to access network , i get the no server found message.

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you have the standard firmware or the custom firmware?

| Wed 26 Sep 2012 15:01:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bwizz

Hi hello , I have standard firmware. I was hoping to put video files onto network or tranfer music back and forth via network

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 16:42:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bwizz - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I have standard firmware. I was hoping to put video files onto network or tranfer music back and forth via network

You need to enable the FTP server on the HDR and use an FTP client to move files back and forth. Note that if you want to take recordings off the HDR then they need to be decrypted first.

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 17:07:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bwizz

Hi thanks , i don't know what a ftp client is.

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 11:51:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bwizz - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hi thanks , i don't know what a ftp client is.

If you are using Windows then I suggest Filezilla which is open source and can be downloaded for free.

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 11:58:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bwizz

I have downloaded as suggested , what do I do with it please
    .I have a decypter prog !

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 16:51:27 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Install it and start by using the Basic user instructions

ftp is a standard protocol just like http - it is used to copy files rather than display html.

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 17:42:12 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bwizz

I have installed the most recent modified firmware. does this give me more file transfer options
    Thanks again

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 18:19:20 #9 |
  10. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

bwizz - I have installed the most recent modified firmware. does this give me more file transfer options

It does give you more file transfer options, but it would still help if you could get FTP working on your P.C. / Laptop, If you haven't got anywhere with Filezilla you could try the built-in FTP in most Windows operating systems. Turn on FTP on the Humax as detailed above, If the IP address of youe Humax is say 192.168.0.123 then in a windows (File) Explorer address bar enter ftp://192.168.0.123 username = humaxftp password = 0000

If you want to use the modified (Custom) firmware goto the Web-If browser and select OPT download, you will need Content Sharing turned on in the Humax menus (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings)

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 14:09:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.