My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Signal from LNB

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardSkeeta

I am trying to sort out my neighbour's Foxsat HDR. She cannot get any channels: the channel search states no signal. By accident when I removed one of the co-ax connections on the back, I touched the central lead against the outer screw thread of the socket. Lo: a signal. complete picture and sound. I have subsequently tried my box on her aerial and her box on my aerial. Both boxes work on my aerial but only work on hers if I touch the centre lead against the socket thread. I have a satellite finder beeper which, when connected to her co-ax shows a strong signal. What is going on?

| Sat 17 Apr 2021 21:22:00 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Welcome to the forum.

The inner and outer cores must make a good electrical circuit. The inner should fit in centre of the F connector and the outer braid or foil must connect with the outside of the F connector. Google fitting an F connector.
    No part of the braid or foil must touch the inner core or it will short the connection.

Admin: Please move to Foxsat-HDR

| Sun 18 Apr 2021 6:49:49 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You don't need the grease for indoor connectors. The F connector should be tight fit on the coax outer covering. If it's loose it's the wrong size for the cable.

Guessing it will be wF65 twin (shotgun) cable.

If it is

https://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-f-plug-connector-10-pack/98173

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

| Sun 18 Apr 2021 9:55:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardSkeeta

Thanks for the advice. It is a twin cable. I'll remake them both.

| Sun 18 Apr 2021 21:12:10 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.