My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Software update?

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Morrie

For Christmas, I bought a 9150T (Loader ver a4.37, Software ver HPTTF 1.00.26), and a 9200T (Loader ver a 4.08, software ver PGXTF 12.00.23)to replace two cheap simple boxes. I've noticed that the 9150T seems to not always react properly when for example fast forwarding then resume. I've tried both handsets and this makes no difference. I wonder if the software should be reinstalled? I've got a RS232 cable already on my PC. However as they say if it ain't broke - don't fix it. What do you recommend? Thanks.

| Tue 2 Jun 2015 17:05:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Morrie - 5 hours ago  » 
    For Christmas, I bought a 9150T (Loader ver a4.37, Software ver HPTTF 1.00.26), and a 9200T (Loader ver a 4.08, software ver PGXTF 12.00.23)to replace two cheap simple boxes. I've noticed that the 9150T seems to not always react properly when for example fast forwarding then resume. I've tried both handsets and this makes no difference. I wonder if the software should be reinstalled?

I doubt that reloading the software will help. What exactly is happening when you fast forward and then resume?

| Tue 2 Jun 2015 22:55:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Morrie

Thanks Martin. What I will do over the next few days is to observe in more detail, and then come back with a more detailed description, rather than "frustration"!

| Wed 3 Jun 2015 18:57:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Morrie

Hello again Martin
    What seems to happen is that when I fast forward over adverts (X2, X4, X16) sometimes the pop up window doesn't keep up - but if I go slower with the keys it is better. However if I have gone too fast, then the resume normal play button doesn't seem to want to register, and the programme shoots on. Then I have to pause, and then rewind. All this seems to be a bit random.
    It is as if the internal computer clock has a very slow speed.

A couple of times when I have been testing, the whole box has frozen, and even the buttons on the box itself don't work. I have to switch off at the mains, and then back on and it all works again.

One other thing - even when not on - say switched off for the night, there is a low level noise from the box. Does the cooling fan keep going albeit at a lower speed than when when operating?

Thanks for any further help, Martin!

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 19:01:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Morrie

Hello Martin
    I wondered if you have any further thoughts?
    Thanks

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 7:47:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Morrie - 50 minutes ago  » 
    I wondered if you have any further thoughts?

Nothing useful I fear. Have you tried using the skip buttons (the amount they skip is configurable; we use 1 minute forward and 15 seconds back) rather than the fast forward? For us the skip buttons work much better.

re the fan; I think early production 9200 will keep the fan running in standby; later ones turn the fan off in standby.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 8:41:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Skip buttons in our house too. We find the maximum coincide almost perfectly with the ad breaks.

| Tue 30 Jun 2015 9:43:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Morrie

The box froze yet again last night.
    I wonder if anyone else has had this happen and what they did to stop/cure it ?
    Thanks

| Thu 9 Jul 2015 18:50:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rod Rout

How can I access and download software update for my PVR 9150T.

| Thu 27 Dec 2018 12:18:56 #9 |
  10. brian

brian

special member

You can download the latest version from,

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/pvr-9150t

This dates from July 2011, so will probably be the same version you already have.

| Thu 27 Dec 2018 13:52:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.