My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I find (found) the front panel REC icon more of a reassuring "yes I am recording it" green glow, I didn't need to get close enough to actually read it.

Good news that they are going to fix it, pretty certain this isn't the first instance of Humax customer support getting a little confused.

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 8:12:09 #291 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Barry - 5 hours ago  » 

andyd1302 - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hi folks,
    Just got a reply back from Humax re "icongate" & the explanation received seems to indicate the loss of icons was planned?...

Customer support must be confusing this with something else because, how can I put this politely....
    Icons were not removed intentionally, engineers have been asked to fix the issue for future update.

Thanks for the confirmation Barry, much appreciated...

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 10:43:13 #292 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Reffub - 4 hours ago  » 
    I find (found) the front panel REC icon more of a reassuring "yes I am recording it" green glow, I didn't need to get close enough to actually read it.
    Good news that they are going to fix it, pretty certain this isn't the first instance of Humax customer support getting a little confused.

I genuinely could only identify them with the use of a magnifying glass.

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 12:53:32 #293 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ddubya

Faust - 13 hours ago  » 

geoffc - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Think I'll be switching my box off at the mains each night from now on to make sure I can avoid future updates - especially if the removal of the icons was intended. I too found them very useful.

I might have found them useful if I was related to something like the Harris Hawk. However, from ten feet away at floor level my tired old eyes had absolutely no chance of ever reading them so no loss for me.

Hahaha.. my thoughts exactly - I had no idea there were icons on the display at all

I think a dedicated LED would be better than an icon TBH.

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 13:33:11 #294 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

ddubya - 42 minutes ago  » Hahaha.. my thoughts exactly - I had no idea there were icons on the display at all
    I think a dedicated LED would be better than an icon TBH.

Evidently Humax and Freesat didn't know they were there either.

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 14:22:25 #295 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

plidrock

Faust - 4 hours ago  » 

Reffub - 4 hours ago  » 

I genuinely could only identify them with the use of a magnifying glass.

Me too. Didn't even notice that recording light was green

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 17:00:29 #296 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

festus

Sorry doesn't matter if you didn't notice the icons a lot of us did and found the recording icon very handy no matter how small. If the icons were manufactured into the unit they should work.

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 19:38:34 #297 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

festus - 13 hours ago  » 
    Sorry doesn't matter if you didn't notice the icons a lot of us did and found the recording icon very handy no matter how small. If the icons were manufactured into the unit they should work.

Are you sure you were seeing green recording icons or was it THIS

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 9:15:11 #298 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

festus

No it was this.

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 15:21:54 #299 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

happynomad

Hi, new to the forum, found it searching for an answer to the problems arising since last software update...

HDR-1000S/1TB

In addition to the restarting / disappeared icons I have another issue in that my box appears to have developed an intermittent bad 'stammer'. the sound seems to get stuck and repetitive but the video is unaffected.

After a three or four seconds the sound comes back and is in sync again with the video.

This problem only appeared with the last update so I have re-installed the previous software version which seemed to fix all issues.

24 hours later the 'stammer' is back. It has only occurred once today on BBC 1 and is a minor irritant. We don't know if recordings are affected but generally we are not watching these programmes during recording so don't know if the 'stammer' happened.

Any ideas please. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks all.

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 22:17:06 #300 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.