My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Software Update Stuck on 50%

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

moodyblue2

Hi,

Switched my Humax HD PVR on this morning and it started doing a software update.

Unfortunately the update is stuck on 50% total progress.

There is a warning saying don't switch of the system so what can I do?

Any help appreciated!

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 15:05:28 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I'll hazard a guess that this is an HDR 1800 or 2000T, and you do not have internet connected?

Options:

1. Connect to internet and unit will update via IP download. - ignore probably will not work.

2. Update via usb. Software available from Humax support site.

3. Return to retail for exchange, and hope you get a unit with later loader?

Was made aware earlier that there might be a problem with the OTA for owners who have 1.02 loader. Have downgraded one of my 2000T and performed some tests at the request of Humax Towers - mind-numbing as the OTA download takes well over an hour.

The only recourse appears to be the solutions I have mentioned above.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 15:43:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

moodyblue2

Thanks for your help but how do I get out of the update so I can connect to the internet (or use the usb) as it's telling me not to turn off the system?

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 15:48:39 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You can turn it off, and update via usb - I have done that myself today.

Ignore the internet option, had second thoughts and do not think that will work unfortunately....I will edit that part of post in a moment

Edit: The internet option is a possibility if you can regain control of unit, see later in thread for options on how to do this.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 15:52:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

steviem

Hello. I have just joined because I have the same issue as moodyblue2.
    My 2000T/500Gb has 1.02 loader, although I notice the OTA states it is uploading the 1.04 loader. Being unfamiliar with OTA update process, does it update the loader as well as the rest of the software (firmware?) at the same time.
    Is it possible to update just the loader before attempting OTA for Version .13.
    I stopped OTA this morning after 3 successive 100 minute failures and tried the USB approach. This too was unsuccessful. I have now formatted the stick and placed on Version.13 downloaded and unzipped from Humax. Before I attempt with this, do I have to update sequentially to Version.06 first as my version is 1.00.07.
    Sorry for all the questions but this is quite frustrating for someone who has a bit of technical expertise but no knowledge.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 17:05:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

steviem

Update: Clean USB attempt did not work either, using Version .13.
    Now going to try Version .06.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 17:43:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JPDoc

Same issue - HDR-2000T automatic update running when I got up this morning. Watched it cycle through download, then restart (roughly 1 1/2 hours each time) three times. Finally called Humax UK support - was told that it was "stuck in a loop" and that I needed to turn it off for 15 mins or more, then reboot it and it would work.

First I tried to avoid the huge download by loading the software onto a USB stick and following that procedure - Humax ignored the usb stick and started the full download again. Waited ANOTHER two hours and shut it down after the first try (as instructed, ignoring the flashing red "do not turn off" notice as instructed) - it spent an hour and a half downloading (with a yellow non-flashing "do not turn off" notice this time, then sat there with 50% completed for another hour.

I called Humax support again - this time they told me that there were lots of people with the same issue and they were trying to find a solution but didn't have one yet. They also told me that eventually it would update after an hour or two and I should just leave it for now. He also said that a new file would be posted for on air soon. I waited another hour or so, then the 50% disappeared and it started downloading from the beginning AGAIN, this time with flashing red " do not turn off " AGAIN. GRRRRR!!!!

Deeply frustrating. Particularly as according the release notes on the Humax site all the upgrade is going to do is add some wifi drivers that I don't need anyway.

I'm going to turn it off for another hour, then turn it on and leave it overnight and see what happens, as Humax support have no other suggestions - will report in morning.

It is absolutely shameful that Humax don't have any way of getting out of this ridiculous upgrade loop and going back to the normal working operation I had when I went to bed last night.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 18:15:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

moodyblue2

JPDoc - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Same issue - HDR-2000T automatic update running when I got up this morning. Watched it cycle through download, then restart (roughly 1 1/2 hours each time) three times. Finally called Humax UK support - was told that it was "stuck in a loop" and that I needed to turn it off for 15 mins or more, then reboot it and it would work.
    First I tried to avoid the huge download by loading the software onto a USB stick and following that procedure - Humax ignored the usb stick and started the full download again. Waited ANOTHER two hours and shut it down after the first try (as instructed, ignoring the flashing red "do not turn off" notice as instructed) - it spent an hour and a half downloading (with a yellow non-flashing "do not turn off" notice this time, then sat there with 50% completed for another hour.
    I called Humax support again - this time they told me that there were lots of people with the same issue and they were trying to find a solution but didn't have one yet. They also told me that eventually it would update after an hour or two and I should just leave it for now. He also said that a new file would be posted for on air soon. I waited another hour or so, then the 50% disappeared and it started downloading from the beginning AGAIN, this time with flashing red " do not turn off " AGAIN. GRRRRR!!!!
    Deeply frustrating. Particularly as according the release notes on the Humax site all the upgrade is going to do is add some wifi drivers that I don't need anyway.
    I'm going to turn it off for another hour, then turn it on and leave it overnight and see what happens, as Humax support have no other suggestions - will report in morning.
    It is absolutely shameful that Humax don't have any way of getting out of this ridiculous upgrade loop and going back to the normal working operation I had when I went to bed last night.

Totally agree!

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 18:21:34 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You can fix it yourselves - update via usb does work, I know, I spent many hours today working on this.

There is no need to load any earlier versions you can go straight to the latest 1.01.13.

Note: Many times I have seen posts from users unable to update, read the update instructions carefully, it does work.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 18:45:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JPDoc

I'm afraid I followed the USB update instructions exactly (and I work with computers for a living so I have a bit of a clue as to how to do this) and as I said above the Humax took no notice of the USB stick.

I'm assuming that the humax cut down linux o/s doesn't have drivers for the stick I used (an old cruzer, formatted to FAT32 with the hdf file in the root partition) but as I don't have a further selection of random USB sticks to try and as the Humax support guy didn't have a clue as to whether this usb stick was supported I'm left with the situation described above.

I'll give it another try on the off chance that the Humax hadn't been turned off for long enough (15 mins? Half an hour? A decade? Again the Humax support guys didn't have a clue) to get out of the "loop" they said it was stuck in but if it does start doing an on air download again I'm stuck for another two hours plus. Mind blowingly bad software design. Not very happy with Humax.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:01:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.