My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Sony Channel Freeview 48

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanC

I am unable to get channel 48, The Sony Channel. I get all the Sony movie channels but not this. I have tried a manual retune as described elsewhere on this forum. It removed Movies 4 men off of 48 but still no Sony Channel. Any suggestions?

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 8:53:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

It may be that your transmitter doesn't use channel 48 now, ours doesn't.
    You say you have all the Sony channels, Have you got Sony movies &Sony movies action which is the old Movies for Men channel. Which is Now on channel 40.
    We often see adverts for Sony Christmas.
    However Our transmitter isn't transmitting it yet
    .So not all freeview channels are available on all transmitters.
    Some transmitters transmit the BBC News channel & Al Jazeera in HD.
    But once again not on our transmitter.
    To Sum up
    I'm afraid that so long as you have all the other Freeview channels as expected
    I'm afraid it generally down to your transmitter. So your Humax isn't actually at fault. Confusing isn't it.Freeview don't always put up a banner to say that there's been a channel number change on each occasion. I hope I've helped you.
    Good luck.
    Finally We have Sony Drama and Sony legal on our transmitter.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 9:57:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The Sony Channel (LCN 48) is only available on transmitters which have a Local multiplex, so if you are using any other you will not get it. Even if your transmitter has a Local Mux, you may still not get it due to those Mux often having limited coverage. I cannot say if all Local Mux carry 48.

This also applies to Sony Movies+1 (60), Sony Movies Christmas (50) and Sony Movies Christmas+1 (62 - available Manchester area only).

Info from https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/channel-listings

Edit: Sorry, I missed one. Sony Channel+1 (61) is also only available on the Manchester local Mux.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 9:59:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanC

We get 3 other Sony channels. We can get channel 48 on the Samsung tv connected to the Humax thus using the same aerial and on another tv using a different aerial. Both aerials point to Waltham and I used all the Waltham info to do the manual tuning.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 10:56:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

OK, so it should be available, but it still depends upon the signal where you are located. It could be that there is just enough for the Samsung and not quite enough for the Humax.

When you did the manual retune, did you do UHF channel 26 as well as the others? The local Mux is sometimes listed separately and could have been missed from the information you had.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 11:41:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have been having similar problems retuning for PBS America (ch91). If I did a manual scan, it removed PBSA from ch91 but then stored it up in the 790's. Normally, when something like this happens, manually deleting the incorrect channel and rescanning will solve the problem but it didn't. The next step was to delete ALL the channels from the problematic mux and rescanning. That didn't work either.
    In the end I did a factory reset and now all the channels are present and in the correct places.
    If you try my first two steps and they do not work, you will unfortunately have resort to a factory reset.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:08:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Were you aware that PBSA moved from COM8 to COM6 a few days ago? LCN91 was retained for COM6. So you would have needed a manual retune of COM6 and COM8.

Anyway, sounds like you are all sorted now.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:19:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanC

Thanks A1944. Channel 26 did it. No it wasn't in the list I used for Waltham. The signal strength is much lower on it but the receptions fine.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:26:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It's just another 4000t/5000t quirk I guess. My LG TV and my Humax 2000t both rescanned without any issues.

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:28:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Excellent Alan. Bear in mind that you will need to do a full retune on 4th March when an extensive reshuffle of the channels at Waltham is shown as planned. It includes the local Mux moving from 26 to 41.

Details here:
    https://www.freeview.co.uk/sites/default/files/2019-11/2020_Central_Date_Release.pdf

| Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:34:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.