My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Sound turns off when switching inputs

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

id2d

Hi

I have a Humax and an Xbox 360 connected to my TV.
    If I switch the TV to the Xbox, when I switch back to the Humax the volume is completely gone and nothing will bring it back.

Both the TV and the Humax's volume display show there should be volume, but there's nothing.

When this happens I've tried plugging speakers in via the other outputs and nothing comes out, so somehow switching inputs in the TV is making the Humax stop broadcasting sound on all outputs.

When this happens, the only thing that brings sound back is turning it off and on again when nothing is recording. I wouldn't mind that except that if there is something recording, obviously Off doesn't fully shut down fully so I'm left without a box until the recording's finished.

Already tried a different HDMI cable
    I have the Humax set to Stereo output

| Mon 26 Jan 2015 20:41:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you tried a factory reset on the Humax box ?

| Mon 26 Jan 2015 20:58:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyc

You are not alone, I have the same - although it's since having the Humax connected via an HDMI switch box (tried two).

The Humax seems to hate changing state while there's no TV on its output.

Different/better HDMI cables don't help. I don't know if it's just loss of sync, or an EDID issue if the Humax is checking for HDMI audio support.

I just wish the Humax had an option to "check again" to get the sound back. The only cure is as you say, power off and on the Humax.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 10:58:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

avon

I have this problem on my samsung tv and humax hdr2000,
    i did notice it more after the last software update.After changing
    the power saving settings menu to power saving in standby it has much
    improved, why this should affect the problem is beyond me.
    Barry did want make and model of tv affected by this problem
    i am sorry if i am wrong about this Barry.
    I know my problem is not quite the same as above posts,but i was
    having no sound when turning the tv on,turning the tv or the humax
    on first made no difference.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 13:41:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dylan359

I am also having problems with sound. I was listening to a radio recording before switching off. When I switched back on there was no sound on the humax, HDR 2000t despite sound on the TV. It won't even right itself when I switch everything off. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Dylan

| Mon 2 Feb 2015 21:43:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dylan359

dylan359 - 11 hours ago  » 
    I am also having problems with sound. I was listening to a radio recording before switching off. When I switched back on there was no sound on the humax, HDR 2000t despite sound on the TV. It won't even right itself when I switch everything off. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Dylan

Update, I got sound back only when completely turning power off to the humax. As others have said surely three must be an alternative way....

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 9:34:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jankid

my elderly mother is having the same problem

Sony Bravo TV

Turn TV off and then turn back on No sound. Phoned tech support who got me to change PVR settings AUDIO - Multi Channel to Stero and got sound back for 6hrs!

Bought this box as expensive to others so assumed would be hassle free and easy

Tried changing HDMI cables, tried turning TV on 1st and then PVR 1st. No joy.

MY mother can not keep rebooting unit. There must be a solution.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 22:44:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

id2d

The only solution I've found is to turn off the Humax before switching inputs. That seems to work.

Even if the unit is doing something like recording, as long as the Humax's HDMI channel on my TV says "No Signal" I assume the unit is no longer talking to the TV via HDMI, and it's safe to do other things with my TV.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 22:54:57 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyc

Our Panasonic TV only has two HDMI inputs, and four devices plugged in via a HDMI switch box. I tried a few of the cheaper HDMI switch boxes. but all would result in loss of sound when switching - sometimes every time, others it would be gone after switching back to the Humax after a short while.

Then I tried a Reevesun BG-555 matrix switch off Amazon as it has EDID emulation:

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P0WRROA?psc=1&tag=blusas008-21&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I set the EDID switches for 1080p 2CH.

Since swapping over to this, I've gone from guaranteed loss of sound at least once a night, to no problems in two weeks and counting.

This switch did cost £40 though, but then I've been through three cheaper HDMI switches now, and each of those was around £15.

| Sat 14 Feb 2015 14:56:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

archdeac0n

I have a similar problem. My HDR-2000T is connected to a av amp via the hdmi.

The AV Amp is connected to the TV via hdmi and uses the arc functionality to send the TV audio through the sound system. While the HDR-2000T is connected it I get the audio problem described in this thread, but I have found that it also interferes with the TV ARC audio signal between the amp and TV.

I have tried different hdmi leads and configurations on the amp to determine that the TV ARC audio/humax audio issue are caused by the HDR-2000T being connected to the amp via hdmi.

Please can you let me know if or when there is a solution.

Thank you

| Thu 19 Feb 2015 21:00:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.