My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Standby after scheduled recording?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MorganMiller

Have noticed that the box does not go back into Standby mode (red led) after a scheduled recording has finished. Do I need to change a setting of is this the way it is supposed to work?

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 17:50:07 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MorganMiller - 11 mins ago  » 
    Have noticed that the box does not go back into Standby mode (red led) after a scheduled recording has finished. Do I need to change a setting of is this the way it is supposed to work?

Have you got low power sby On ?

If another recording is due in the next 20 mins or so. The box will remain on with no video audio if the previous recording was made from sby.

This is because the box is watching for the broadcaster to signal the programme has started. If you have low power sby on. It should go into low power sby if no other recording is imminent. Low power sby uses less than 0.5W.

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 18:05:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MorganMiller

Thanks again Graham, your interest and response is really appreciated. Can I ask you for a bit of clarification please? If by low power sby you mean the Power Saving Mode, then yes this is set to on. However, nothing else was scheduled within 20 mins of the earlier recording. I do need to check for more examples where this has happened, if so I'll update this topic.

Does this mean that the led will change from red to blue about 20 mins before a recording is scheduled, and then change to purple when the recording actually starts?

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 19:00:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MorganMiller - 37 mins ago  » 
    Thanks again Graham, your interest and response is really appreciated. Can I ask you for a bit of clarification please? If by low power sby you mean the Power Saving Mode, then yes this is set to on. However, nothing else was scheduled within 20 mins of the earlier recording. I do need to check for more examples where this has happened, if so I'll update this topic.
    Does this mean that the led will change from red to blue about 20 mins before a recording is scheduled, and then change to purple when the recording actually starts?

See the faq

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/led-indications

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 19:37:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MorganMiller

Thanks Graham.I can use this info to check if the box is doing what it is supposed to

| Sun 25 Oct 2020 21:25:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MorganMiller

A recording successfully concluded by the box going into Standby. The only difference from previously when it appaerd not to do this, is that the recording was scheduled from the normal TV guide rather than the Freeview Play guide. Will experiment some more.

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:15:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.