My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Standby Problem

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

I purchased a Humax FVP 4000T 1TB a few days ago. However, if I wish to watch a recorded programme whilst recording 2 programmes at the same time the PVR will not come out of standby. The red led goes off then back on when the Standby button is pressed. Sometimes after a number of attempts, the PVR comes out of Standby for a few seconds before returning to Standby. Eventually, after 30 minutes plus of trying the PVR came out of standby.
    The PVR becomes rather warm whilst recording and wondered if this heat is causing the problem. I returned the PVR to Richer Sounds, who were excellent and I was given a new replacement. I set the PVR up yesterday, but again this behaves exactly the same. Both PVRs worked correctly when not recording. Both machines were running the latest software on purchase.
    Is anybody else experiencing the same problem? Maybe it is just the 1TB version.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 8:52:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

But doesn't a red light also indicate that it is recording?

After switching it on try using the TV remote to switch to the input source that the FVP-4000T is connected to the tv by.

On the HDR-2000T the best way of turning it on if you are not sure if it is on or off is to use the '0' button. That may also work on the FVP-4000T. Try using the '0' button on the FVP-4000T remote and then use the TV remote to find the correct source for the TV's display.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 14:27:33 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Luke - 49 minutes ago  » 
    But doesn't a red light also indicate that it is recording?

Yes it does

Try using the '0' button on the FVP-4000T remote and then use the TV remote to find the correct source for the TV's display.

Doesn't work for me on 4000T.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 15:18:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

Been in touch with Humax support, the guy I spoke to said it sounds like the problem of "dual booting" which was supposedly solved with the latest software update. I have been given a case number, so I'll see what develops.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 15:48:51 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

What software version and loader do you have?

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 16:23:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

Thanks Barry.
    Software 1.00.59
    Loader 1.03

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 17:31:15 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A pity red is used for stsndby and recording, I know this has confused a few users who suspected not coming out of standby when indeed it was.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 18:35:13 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.