My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Starting a part wated program from the begining

(7 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Humax DTR-T1010 2TB (2000GB) YouView HD TV Recorder with Freeview
    Hi all, I hope this is the right forum and I can explain this in a way that makes sense?
    With my FOX HDR T2 I can re start a part watched program from the last watched position or from the start, with the YouView I seem to be only able to watch from the start again by rewinding it, is there a way to start from the beginning again?
    Mick.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 11:30:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Mickiow, we have a new BT Youview box and its the same, you ether have to wind it till the end or rewind it to the beginning to watch a part watched programme from the beginning.
    I think it must be the way most Youview boxes software are programmed to do.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 11:45:56 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'm not in front of a YouView unit presently but...

From memory, when viewing the programme details in myview listing doesn't the

│<< and >>│ jump to start, resume, end

and/or the

<< >> jump start, end?

I stand to be corrected, but will check myself later.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 14:07:25 #3 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

I have just tried both those ways, and yes you can rewind at different speeds, but I cant see any way to simply start from the beginning again!
    While not a problem it seems a frustration.
    Mick.

| Fri 26 Aug 2016 14:34:32 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mickiow - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I have just tried both those ways, and yes you can rewind at different speeds, but I cant see any way to simply start from the beginning again!
    While not a problem it seems a frustration.
    Mick.

Were you viewing the programme details ?

| Fri 26 Aug 2016 14:41:57 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

oops forgot to check

Graham is correct to emphasis 'viewing programme details'

however small mistake by me ignore << >> that does not work but the │<< >>│ keys do appear to allow jumping to start, end or resume.

| Fri 26 Aug 2016 15:06:09 #6 |
  7. mickiow

mickiow

I am very confused with this.
    I am at the "My View" page that has a list of recorded programs.

At the top I can see View by "date or A to Z which changes how the list of programs are displayed, I prefer it by Date.

At the bottom of the page I can toggle between "Recordings" or "Scheduled", I have that on "Recordings"
    A green light at the bottom left of the page says "Filter Recordings"
    If I highlight the program I want to start from the beginning instead of where I got to and push the green button on the remote, I get a box with watched and a tick in its box, If I move that to not watched, can I set it ? if I push the green button again the box closes but the programme is still listed as part watched and will re start from where it was by clicking on play.

pushing the rewind button does not (for me) go back to the start unless the program is being vied, then I can fast rewind it.

What I was looking for is a way something like with the HDR FOX T2 where you can select play from the beginning or resume?
    Mick.

| Fri 26 Aug 2016 21:57:42 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.