My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Streaming to Humax

(23 posts)
  1. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi All,
    I finally have purchased the WiFi dongle for my HDR-FOX T2.I have connected this to my router and all is working.
    My question is..Can I stream films that are on my PC to the Humax to view on my TV via my home Network?
    I have been reading articles on the internet regarding this..but alas I,m not that tech savy.
    Many Thanks.

| Mon 13 Mar 2017 17:06:17 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Basically answer is yes. Which version of windows do you have on your PC ?

Briefly you have to share the folders on your PC with the content you want to stream to make the files visible on the HDR-FOX-T2.

https://www.howtogeek.com/215400/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-a-dlna-media-server/

Once you have set up the PC to act as a server, on the HDR-FOX-T2 press Media then blue (storage). Choose the Network option. Your PC should be on the list of sources. Click on it and then select videos .

| Mon 13 Mar 2017 17:52:52 #2 |
  3. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi,
    Many thanks for the info..I,m using W10 Pro..and have read the link.
    Will update when I get round to setting everything up..

Cheers.

| Mon 13 Mar 2017 23:10:09 #3 |
  4. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi grahamltompson,
    First problem encountered.. I can see my PC on Network on TV..but when I click on this it tells me "Connecting" but nothing happens.
    All Internet setting within the box are on..and Humax is shown in Windows Media Player and in Devices.

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 10:39:48 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gerrymac - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Hi grahamltompson,
    First problem encountered.. I can see my PC on Network on TV..but when I click on this it tells me "Connecting" but nothing happens.
    All Internet setting within the box are on..and Humax is shown in Windows Media Player and in Devices.

In Windows Explorer have you got a libraries entry ? When you click on that and then the Videos Library, can you see the folders with your video content in ?

What's the local IP address of your PC and the HDR-FOX-T2 ?

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 11:14:21 #5 |
  6. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

IP Address is 92.14.245.104 and Humax is 192.168.1.4.
    The Humax is shown in Devices but when I go to Network Settings> All Networks>Choose Media Streaming>...No Humax..All Unknown Devices.
    Yes, all videos are present..Even when I right-click> cast to device..it keeps searching for devices..

Cheers.

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 11:49:58 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gerrymac - 25 minutes ago  » 
    IP Address is 92.14.245.104 and Humax is 192.168.1.4.
    The Humax is shown in Devices but when I go to Network Settings> All Networks>Choose Media Streaming>...No Humax..All Unknown Devices.
    Yes, all videos are present..Even when I right-click> cast to device..it keeps searching for devices..
    Cheers.

Not an expert but I think that means your PC and the Humax are on different subnets. Both devices should have address in format 192.168.1.xx

At a guess easiest way to solve is connect the Humax to your router using a pair of home plug adaptors.

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 12:28:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Not an expert but I think that means your PC and the Humax are on different subnets.

They are definitely on different subnets. Whether or not that will work will depend on the router; perhaps the original poster and can tell us the make and model of the router.

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 13:19:18 #8 |
  9. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi Martin,
    Make of Router is Huawei and Model is HG633.
    I can connect (temp) with Ethernet cable for testing purposes tomorrow.
    Just want to know when it connects what to do from then...On PC to view video on TV thru the Humax.

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 14:37:25 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gerrymac - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Martin,
    Make of Router is Huawei and Model is HG633.
    I can connect (temp) with Ethernet cable for testing purposes tomorrow.
    Just want to know when it connects what to do from then...On PC to view video on TV thru the Humax.

If you can view your shared video folders in the library option in explorer then you don't need to do anything on the PC other than having it booted of course. If the content is on a usb drive you can of course plug it into the HDR-FOX-T2 to watch directly. You can also watch SD recordings made on the HDR-FOX-T2 on the PC.

| Tue 14 Mar 2017 14:58:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.