My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Switches off!

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jenjen

When the Humax is switched off and we are watching the TV it turns off and then back on again. Whilst doing this it has the green wavy lines that we get when we turn the Humax on so we are thinking that it is a Humax problem. It mainly happens at 8.45pm! Sometimes at other times. Do Humax to a software update at this time?

| Wed 25 Dec 2013 22:09:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

On the TV turn off CEC HDMI auto selection, post make and model of TV someone will advise what the option is called on your TV. (Confusingly different TV makers give it a different name).

You probably have a programme set to record 15 mins after the problem most days.

| Wed 25 Dec 2013 22:27:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

I respect that Graham is the expert here, but how can you watch the TV without the box being switched on? If I turn my box off I get a "no signal" message on the screen.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 1:00:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Teb5 - 9 hours ago  » 
    I respect that Graham is the expert here, but how can you watch the TV without the box being switched on? If I turn my box off I get a "no signal" message on the screen.

I imagine he means watching the TV using it's own Freeview tuner and the aerial. When the box wakes up to record 15 mins before a programme is due it grabs the TV hdmi port for a short period.

Incidentally if it's Panasonic TV don't use HDMI1 as this often auto selects on port activity so you get the same issue even without CEC control.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 10:30:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Yes I would suspect HDMI activity from the Humax. I have a similar problem with my 1000S to Panasonic E5B, connected via HDMI1. I have to switch the 1000S off first then the TV, If I use the reverse order the Humax switch off causes the TV to switch on again. The 1000S being the only device that exhibits this problem, they have a major problem with their HDMI implementation.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 11:58:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Teb5 - 9 hours ago  » 

I imagine he means watching the TV using it's own Freeview tuner and the aerial. When the box wakes up to record 15 mins before a programme is due it grabs the TV hdmi port for a short period.
    Incidentally if it's Panasonic TV don't use HDMI1 as this often auto selects on port activity so you get the same issue even without CEC control.

Ahh, yes. I never thought of that. I do not have a regular aerial, just the dish. Now I know why you are the expert and I am the newbie Graham.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 14:03:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jenjen

Thanks for all replies.
    It is an old digital Sanyo TV but does get freeview. I do not think the TV has an HDMI socket.
    We have the Humax turned off accept for setting it up to record and watching recordings.
    The TV is connected to the ariel socket in house wall & the Humax is connected to the Sky dish that is not used.
    We do not have the Humax connected to the internet either. We use it solely to record programs.
    We are not technicaly minded and do not understand some of the terms used, sorry.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 20:33:09 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The problem is most likely down to the scart connection. If you turn on the box at a guess the TV switches itself to the scart input when you turn on the box. This is because the box puts a signal on one of the output pins. Unfortunately it outputs the same signal for a short period when it wakes up to record, hence you lose what you are watching. The simplest way round this is to remove the auto select pin from the one end of the scart cable plug. This does mean that in future you will have to manually switch the TV to the scart input to watch the Humax.

Identify pin 8 from this diagram. using snipe nose pliers either break off the pin or push it back into the plug.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/scartdiag.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/technical-library/pinouts-wiring-diagrams/scart-wiring/&h=300&w=400&sz=20&tbnid=BZlvVJDRL77UoM:&tbnh=164&tbnw=219&zoom=1&usg=__uLMrNWL9bKySGnjKXySQ86RhDpc=&docid=WUbx2o75s7WU0M&sa=X&ei=84q8UqCtBMWThQf4ooH4DA&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQ9QEwAQ

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 21:03:41 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.