My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

"This channel is unavailable or scrambled" ?

(43 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Wotan - 3 days ago  » 
    I'm still getting these intermittant failures to record. Another one last night on BBC4. Does anyone know if Humax are still working on a resolution? It's been 17 months now since the update which appeared to intoduce the problem.
    Gerry

More failed recordings over the weekend. The one I missed above was on BBC4. The program was repeated over the weekend, so, on the same recorder(I have two),I set it up both on SD & HD. The HD one recorded but the SD one did not, with the usual 'program scrambled message'! That's a first, I've never had a failed SD recording. There was another failed to record on BBC3. I know that the programs can be viewed using 'custom firmware', but it really shouldn't be necessary should it?....Anything to do with a re-tune I did last week I wonder?

| Mon 28 Sep 2015 15:34:08 #41 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The problem does seem to be triggered by a retune, no one really knows what causes it. Your best bet is to install the custom firmware and run the 'fixencflags' diagnostic. In most cases this will fix the problem recordings by patching the errors in the HMT file. It only takes a couple of minutes to scan your 'My Video' folder.
    Humax could yet surprise us, but as the HDR-FOX stopped being a current model about 2 years ago I doubt that we will get anymore software updates

| Mon 28 Sep 2015 21:23:02 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

MontysEvilTwin - 10 hours ago  » 
    The problem does seem to be triggered by a retune, no one really knows what causes it. Your best bet is to install the custom firmware and run the 'fixencflags' diagnostic. In most cases this will fix the problem recordings by patching the errors in the HMT file. It only takes a couple of minutes to scan your 'My Video' folder.
    Humax could yet surprise us, but as the HDR-FOX stopped being a current model about 2 years ago I doubt that we will get anymore software updates

Thanks for that....Be nice if Humax would surprise us but based on how long the problem has been around, it doesn't seem if a fix from them will happen.

| Tue 29 Sep 2015 7:40:13 #43 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.