My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

TN5000HD - can't edit channels

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sh74

I just retuned my TN5000HD to get GBNews. In the scan the channel shows up but when I go to edit the channels to move it to my favorites, the channel is not there.
    Any ideas why?

Thanks for any help

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 8:33:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I can't answer your question, but there have been a number of comments elsewhere about GB News being a very poor quality channel, both technically and in terms of content. So, whether you actually will need it in your favourites may be debatable.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 10:15:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sh74

I doubt it is poor technically since it has to comply with transmission standards. When I do a second scan, it finds no new channels, implying it has found it and others (17 in all actually) and I would guess it does this based on what it has in memory, so why can't I find it in memory??

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 12:15:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sh74

I reset the whole thing in the absence of any response from Humax (the UK branch even denied my product exists..)
    Now I have GB News which is both fresh and critical and not politically correct unlike the left-wing drivel we are fed every day, all day, by the BBC and Sky...and people actually PAY for it!

| Thu 1 Jul 2021 14:22:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sh74

I finally got an answer from Humax who told me to send it back for repair! It is out of guarantee so I won't but who ever heard of a circuit being repaired?
    A digital circuit works or it doesn't unlike an analogue one and does not wear out. So either the software has a bug, in which case they can download or send software or this is just an excuse to swap the box or they don't know what they are talking about.

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 7:56:58 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.