My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Too hot

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

westhebodger

Very disappointed with this device.
    Set up ok no problems. Programme guide not as good as old one. Recording programmes not as simple as old humax. Remote control turns Tv into standby when switching off. Then on Saturday after watching for an hour, device would not switch off by remote or switch on top of machine. Felt very hot. Cooled down worked fine. Same on Sunday. Apparently a known problem!!!! Something to do with HDMI connection???

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 18:06:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

westhebodger - 1 hour ago  » 
    Very disappointed with this device.

Start by telling us what model of Humax device you own.

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 19:22:34 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The remote turning off the TV is Normal with HDMI-CEC enabled on the TV (Brand names for HDMI-CEC vary by Manufacturer - search for it). The Switch on problem sounds also like a HDMI-CEC problem.

| Tue 23 Feb 2016 8:15:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

westhebodger

Humax FVP- 4000T 1TB. connected to Panasonic Viera. There is a setting option for remote on TV this has been set both on and off with still the same problem.

| Tue 23 Feb 2016 21:12:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

westhebodger

Also very concerned with the amount of heat this thing gives off. Too hot to touch! Problems seem to occur more when device on for more than 1 hour. Overheating circuit board? Leave to cool and everything ok.

| Tue 23 Feb 2016 21:15:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

I have also noticed my box getting hot. I think that the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a cooling fan or ventilation slots on the top of the box like on the BT you view box.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 12:53:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Phil1 - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I have also noticed my box getting hot. I think that the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a cooling fan or ventilation slots on the top of the box like on the BT you view box.

I have 2 BT boxes - the DTR-T2100 which gets warm and the DTR-T4000 which does get very hot quickly on the disk side despite having vents on the top. The DTR-T2100 has a 500GB disk, the DTR-T4000 which does get hot has a 1TB the same size as westhebodger's model. Which BT model are you referring to for your comparison?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 13:34:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

I think its DTR-T2100. I think a fan or vent slots on the top of 4000 box would help. The BT box never got hot because of the top ventilation slots. I think a fan always helps. This won't be a problem in the future when we only have ssd drives. No moving parts = less heat.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:45:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

westhebodger - 5 months ago  » 
    Humax FVP- 4000T 1TB. connected to Panasonic Viera. There is a setting option for remote on TV this has been set both on and off with still the same problem.

There is a setting on your TV, in the System settings section if I recall correctly called "Viera settings". You need to turn this off too. After this turn off both the TV and the Humax using to power buttons on each, NOT using the remote. Then turn both back on the same way. The remotes should now operate independently.
    I hope.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 9:23:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Phil1This won't be a problem in the future when we only have ssd drives. No moving parts = less heat.

It's nothing to do with moving parts.

It's a question of whether the SSD electronics consumes more or less power than the motor and disk electronics of the conventional disk.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 13:54:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.