My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Transfer from PVR-9300T to HDR-1100s

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ahughes76

Hi. I have removed the hard drive from my old 9300T and would like to move the files to my new HDR-1100s. I have a IDE2.5/3.5" to USB convertor and have attached the drive directly to the USB port of the HDR-1100s but the device fails to recognise the drive. My next plan is to connect the drive to my laptop and use the humaxrw utility to copy the files to the laptop. If this works can I just copy the files to a USB stick, attach the USB stick to the HDR-1100s and move the files from USB to the internal disk on the HDR-1100s? What file format will the USB pen need to be in?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andrew

| Fri 3 Feb 2017 16:09:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sounds like a good plan. The G2 boxes work with NTFS so you might as well use that. Wecome to our forum.

| Fri 3 Feb 2017 16:30:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ahughes76 - 43 minutes ago  » 
    If this works can I just copy the files to a USB stick, attach the USB stick to the HDR-1100s and move the files from USB to the internal disk on the HDR-1100s?

Yes that will work. Note that you only need the .ts file; the other files associated with a recording are not required and should not be transferred to the HDR-1100S.

| Fri 3 Feb 2017 16:56:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ahughes76

Cheers both for the replies. I'm in the middle of copying files to the laptop using humaxrw which works nicely. I'll let you know how I get on with transfering to the new box.

| Fri 3 Feb 2017 20:36:25 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ahughes76 - 55 minutes ago  » 
    Cheers both for the replies. I'm in the middle of copying files to the laptop using humaxrw which works nicely. I'll let you know how I get on with transfering to the new box.

Shuold work fine, Incidentally if you don't want to fill up the hard disk on the new unit, you can replay the .ts (transport stream) recordings directly from the usb device connected to the new box. No need to upload them to replay them. A suitably sized USB stick will work fine.

| Fri 3 Feb 2017 21:36:27 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.