My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Transfer recordings to HDR-2000T from HDR-FOX T2

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluebikemax

Hi.

I have successfully transferred recordings to my new HDR-2000T from the hard disk of my faulty HDR-FOX T2.

However, the recordings (both HD and SD) are un-playable with the message “This channel is scrambled or not available”.

I have searched the forum but can’t find an easy solution.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

| Fri 9 May 2014 17:12:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

How did you transfer the files?

All recordings will be encrypted unless you copy using the HDR-FOX T2 to USB storage (and in the case of HD recordings use Foxy or the HDR-FOX T2's custom firmware).

| Fri 9 May 2014 17:23:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluebikemax

To transfer the files I removed the hard disk drive and placed it in a Hard Drive Docking Station which I connected to the USB port of the HDR-2000T.

I tried this method as the HDR-FOX T2 has developed a fault preventing it from powering up.

Regards

| Fri 9 May 2014 17:40:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Oh dear.

Without getting the HDR FOX T2 to boot in some way you cannot decrypt the content (HD or SD) to use with anything else.

First step, does the HDR FOX T2 boot up without the hard disk connected to it. ?

What steps dis you try to get the HDR FOX T2 to boot up before removing the hard disk ?

| Fri 9 May 2014 18:29:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluebikemax

The HDR FOX T2 fails to power up with or without the hard disk installed.

The power supply tested OK so the fault is on the main board and can't be easily traced.

The box is of course just outside of its warranty so no joy there.

| Fri 9 May 2014 19:59:13 #5 |
  6. Wallace

Wallace

special member

FWIW, the HDR has a 2 year warranty if you have registered it with Humax.

| Fri 9 May 2014 20:46:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluebikemax

It is just 3 months outside its 2 year warranty so unable to return it for repair,

| Fri 9 May 2014 21:50:07 #7 |
  8. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Bummer. I thought it was worth a mention because quite a few folk don't realise it has a two year warranty. Ah well..

| Fri 9 May 2014 21:51:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

The EU requires that a two year warranty is available on devices of this sort. That's why we get two year warranties on so much stuff these days, if it weren't for the EU we'd still be on one year warranties (stick that in your pipe and smoke it Mr. Farrage). Similarly the EU is going to eliminate mobile phone roaming fees late next year.

It is notable that Apple try to fob everyone off with a 1 year warranty, the EU only require 2 years to be available not the default. So when you buy hardware from Apple don't put up with the 1 year warranty, say "I'd like a two year warranty please" and they will upgrade it to 2 years free of charge. If they get shirty remind them a 2 year warranty has to be available in the EU.

| Sat 24 May 2014 14:53:05 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Owen Smith - 48 minutes ago  » 
    The EU requires that a two year warranty is available on devices of this sort. That's why we get two year warranties on so much stuff these days, if it weren't for the EU we'd still be on one year warranties (stick that in your pipe and smoke it Mr. Farrage). Similarly the EU is going to eliminate mobile phone roaming fees late next year.
    It is notable that Apple try to fob everyone off with a 1 year warranty, the EU only require 2 years to be available not the default. So when you buy hardware from Apple don't put up with the 1 year warranty, say "I'd like a two year warranty please" and they will upgrade it to 2 years free of charge. If they get shirty remind them a 2 year warranty has to be available in the EU.

This is a myth.

The UK SOGA regulations take precedence over the lesser EU minimum warranty conditions as the consumer protection is considered superior.

There is no legal requirement for a manufacturer to provide a warranty at all, that responsibility falls to the retailer.

http://sogahub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/explained

| Sat 24 May 2014 15:45:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.