My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Tuning into a second satellite

(24 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tonygamble - 1 hour ago  » 
    You mentioned Antenna.
    This website rings a bell but I cannot find any way of replicating it with the current Humax.
    http://purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_48_FOXSAT-HIDDEN-MENU
    Tony

I will explore the top levels tomorrow (selecting anything rescans and wipes schedule) - think I should be able to find the way in. the cursor must be in the correct place I remember.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 16:09:52 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

Thanks,

I'll wait for your explorations.

Tony

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 16:18:53 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

Made a lot of progress.

No time to explain but will post in a couple of hours.

Tony

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 5:56:57 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

Cracked it....

All of which becomes totally academic as I have just spotted that the new Humax HDR-1100S does not have a slot into which I can put my Viaccess card for the sports channels I have subscribed to. I noticed the whole unit is much smaller than the Humax that died earlier this week but did not realise the slot had been removed. I am now forced into buying a new receiver to work alongside the Humax. I cannot even try using the old machine (with no On Demand) as it does not have 'pass through' and I really don't want to be swopping my two satellite leads every time I view a different box.

However, for anyone stumbling across this thread I will explain how to tune into non FreeSat channels. I'll start by saying my initial failures were because the frequency I started with used a different 'transmission'. It was not the default DVB that the Humax assumes. It was DVB-S2(8PSK) and the only way you can get that is by using a 'User Defined' frequency. That is the final step in the many steps I'll list below. Foregive me for keeping this brief. Probably nobody is going to read it. But all the steps are then and if you want elaboration revive this thread. I am subscribed to it and will come back to elaborate anything. The many steps are:-
    Home
    Settings
    System
    STB Mode
    Change to Non Freesat Mode
    Home
    Settings
    Non Freesat
    Channel search
    Highlight the Transponder box but don't click on it.
    Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue
    Dish type Fixed
    Satellite Hotbird (for me)
    Switch type DiSEqC B
    L Frequ Universal
    22kh tone On
    Transponder
    Here you pick your frequency or you do a User Defined one to deal with the different 'transmission' mentioned above
    I am not going to mention all the saves and edits.
    Home will get you back to Freesat mode.

Good luck

Tony

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 9:19:52 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.